Pseudo-dual wielding of grenades

Look, I already know we have dual wielding of pistols, and to be honest i think it will be relatively useless in pvp. Something else that is currently useless in pvp is grenades (tbh they are useless even in pve)

So i was thinking to buff them both (particularly grenades) the two could be combined. So for example you could be holding a yuri and you want to throw a fragmentation grenade. (mabye you could cook it) but the main thing that would happen is that the character would pull out the grenade in their off hand, still holding their gun. Whilst you cannot aim down sights with the grenade in hand you could still hipfire (or else there would be no point to this dual wielding). This system would also buff smoke and flash grenades, as even with cooking these overlooked grenade types would be unaffected

This would be a nessesary buff to grenades, and also give unturned II’s unique dual wielding mechanic more uses. I understand nelson already wants you to be able to cook grenades, but in reality this dual wielding could still work and they could compound each other.

Also before you say this will be over powered in unturned II, just remember that the majority of combat occurs at 80+ meters. Very few engagements happen within grenade throwing distance and this is unlikely to change. In fact this is likely to become even more so with the changed movement system and reworked gun range.

2 Likes

I like how we are suggesting buffs and nerfs of certain items and or mechanics before the game is even out.

25 Likes

lmao, that’s like 1960s italian action movie level stuff. you really think that’ll actually serve a purpose in a survival game?

1 Like

Throwables were a really convenient way to clear all the zombies out of a location or to attack players without needing to expose yourself in the original Unturned. I don’t know why you’re saying that they’re weak, but faster transitions between throwing and aiming down sights could be an important part of how pistols are balanced.

2 Likes

ah, cool, he’ll talk about dual wielding… wait of grenades?
alright whatever i’m fine with that go on…

hmmmmmmmmmm
no
dual wielding is generally strong, especially with pistols
not pointless at all

wait buff? when the game isn’t even out?
also combined? like put the two together or somethin like that?
you mean throw the two at once?
you can already do that though…

i believe you need both hands on that particular gun
just saying…
and also, don’t people already do that? like pull out the grenade pin, throw it, and go back to shooting?

you can already do that though in 3.0, and its not a large concoction mess
you hotkey a grenade, shoot at a player, press your grenade hotkey and throw it, and go back to shooting

Post Tracking Kukoy saying “Buff” in a suggestion post

its not op at all in a survival game
its common because you can hotkey the grenade and throw it

TL:DR this post sucks

4 Likes

pseudo. it’s pseudo.

6 Likes

I think what he’s suggesting is a “quick throw” option. I’m all for that.

1 Like

well if he is he should word it better so i’m not spending 30 minutes to write a post

Double grenade kamikaze

1 Like

Double chewing gum

1 Like

Shadowkukoy must feel so sad when checking the replies to his posts

Honestly a hotkey for grenades would just solve this and be better than this suggestion. Something like when you press G your current item de-equips and grenade (order of type could be dictated in settings, for example explosives first and flashbang second or something like that) is pulled out and you can either release G to throw it or hold further to cook it a bit. I think that would also be much better than this suggestion because I see no way of triggering a grenade with one hand.

1 Like

Of course you need two hands on that gun, which is why when you pull a grenade out you would only have one hand holding the yuri, preventing you from ADS. This would obviously not be a full on running around with a zubeknakov and a grenade, but it would just be a quick throw, a pseudo dual wield

This does not exist in 3.0. Grenades take like 4 seconds to pull out and throw and re-equip your gun, they are useless atm

interesting%20contribution%20to%20our%20forums
When you say my post sucks but you pust things like this

fair enough
guess i didn’t read that part :P

if your talking about pvp, then yes, grenades are pretty pointless with the exception of flash. If were talking raiding, then no, grenades are not pointless. They can be used to get base damage done for lockers and shit. I’d also like to bring up the sound they create, and how it can be used to lure zombies away from somewhere or something.

funny how my post is under Lounge, which you forgot to mention when you “Roasted me” but oh, are we gonna stop there with my turn?
Touche â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

1 Like

Agreed, but the flash is not useful, it is really bad as well

Definitely not. With frag grenades dealing a mere 50 barricade and structure damage, it is nearly impossible to do any useful damage with them. It is far more efficient to merely use them as crafting foder for charges

Or you could just, you know, kill the zombies. And plus why would you use grenades when flares and smoke are 100x more common and do the same thing. Hell even a pdw with a fragmentation magazine does this job just as well.

Ditto, these posts are under lounge, but at least my posts are related to unturned. Look my post is a legitimate suggestion and whether this is a good idea or not does not mean it is a “trash post”

which is why we can all agree that eating corpses was a great post amirite guys cmon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.