QoL Changes

Here are some quality-of-life changes that I think are pretty easy to execute, but will have a hugely profound effect on gameplay. Most of them viably improve convenience and reduce clunkiness of gameplay in various ways:

• there should not be a forced delay between shots in Semi firemode, or with melee weapons.

• holding LMB with a melee weapon should loop the attack.

• the player should be able to craft with items on the ground, as well as a greater variety of interaction such as salvaging or stripping said items

• pressing LMB while sprinting should forcefully interrupt the sprint to perform an attack or shot, with the exception of punching and constant-damage melee weapons such as the Blowtorch, Chainsaw, and Jackhammer

• shotguns should receive tripled range, this will automatically balance itself as spread gets worse at longer ranges

• it should be possible to favourite/star/flag an item in your inventory to prevent accidental use in crafting

All of these are relatively simple as suggestions but I think the community will agree with my points. Thoughts?

4 Likes

there should not be a forced delay between shots in Semi firemode, or with melee weapons.

it also effects Burst, but only in starting another burst, so i guess that would fall under the Semi complaint

holding LMB with a melee weapon should loop the attack.

yes
crowbar shall become the only melee weapon

1 Like

To be honest I think if melee worked as intended we’d definitely see a real balance between slower, heavier weapons and faster, weaker weapons

3 Likes

I don’t like how all the weapons are all such jabby direct attack, if I had a katana Id probably do a long swipe instead of how it works right now.

While I totally agree, I think that’s something 4.0 will take care of, 3.0 not so much

I think a 3x increase on range for shotguns is a bit much. I mean, you’re talking about the bane shooting…what? 45 maybe 60 meters. Some of the shotguns already don’t have any spread. Backlash, Bane, Bluntforce, Vonya, and Determinator.

I think a 3x increase on range for shotguns is a bit much. I mean, you’re talking about the bane shooting…what? 45 maybe 60 meters.

which is still COMPLETELY pathetic for a shotgun.

Some of the shotguns already don’t have any spread. Backlash, Bane, Bluntforce, Vonya, and Determinator.

i’m sorry, what? have you EVER used a shotgun in unturned? even the backlash is practically unusable past 20 meters.

3 Likes

Actually yes I do use shotguns. Quite often actually, although I might be a bit off. I’ll go grab some screenshots.

Ah actually noticed I just the “don’t have any”. Those Shotguns DO have spread but if you compare them to something like the Sawed off…its basically none.

Actually yes I do use shotguns. Quite often actually

then you’re just delusional.

Those Shotguns DO have spread but if you compare them to something like the Sawed off…its basically none.

for one, you’re comparing full length shotguns (and a weird russian revolver thing) to a sawn off double barrel secondary. of course they’re going to have less spread.
on that note, their spread is like…half as bad? at best? it’s still absolutely abysmal.

2 Likes