Questions About Unturned 4.x Platform

Third-party games do not go on the Epic Games Launcher. Modding tools for UE games, and games by Epic, go on it.

Nelson has not said what you are telling people. Please read Devlog 6 for additional context. All UE modding tools for UE games goes on the Epic Games Launcher per there policies.

1 Like

Except Nelson has never said that, so I asked you to reread the devlogs. Since you may have not done that yet, Iā€™ll just quickly copy-paste something from Devlog 6 in the meanwhile.

With the beta on the horizon Iā€™ve been starting to prepare! Right now the plan is to make it available freely in a separate download from your Steam library, rather than as a beta branch for 3. Feature-wise I think weā€™re getting close, so my next focus is populating a simple map. I would also like to have the mod tools available from day #1 of the beta, and have been taking the first steps with EPIC (developers of Unreal Engine 4) to make it available through their launcher, as well as working on documentation. There seems to be some concern in the community that the modding and plugin potential will be lessened compared to 3, but the opposite is true: all kinds of awesome stuff will now be possible such as custom item functionality, modded vehicle types, custom game modes, etc.

Youā€™ve constantly mentioned Devlog 6, so I assume this is the part you read sometime several weeks ago. Nothing in this quote actually says what youā€™re trying to say, and only reinforces what Iā€™ve told you:

The Epic Games Launcher is for games by Epic Games, as the name implies, and modding tools for UE games. Period. You can boot the Epic Games Launcher up to see this too, it only takes a few seconds.

This part Iā€™ve quoted here does not say Unturned will be on the Epic Games Launcher (because thatā€™s not possible to begin with). It says that the game will be available on Steam, and that the modding tools will be available on the Epic Games Launcher (as required).

3 Likes

I understand now and was a little confused back when I posted this topic and read the devlog.
The game will be available through Steam and the modding tools through Epic Games.

One more question, has Nelson mentioned anything about still having an ingame editor for maps like what we have now or is Epic Games the only way to make maps?

1 Like

I am unsure to what extent Nelson plans to open up map creation, but having it in the Epic Games Launcher might be more consistent even if not required (probably still is though?).

Play-testing shouldnā€™t be a concern though as it should still be planned to be possible from the map editor itself (unlike currently where you have to save and go to single-player.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.