Realism in Unturned Is a bad idea. (Rule of Thumb #2)

are you okay pal

People who make this type ofpost usually can’t seem to understand the difference between the words “challenge” and “nuisance”.

1 Like

How so? If a suggestion makes playing the game daunting and less enjoyable it could be considered a nuisance.

well even bad ideas can be worked on, say if you built up fat storage so you wouldn’t need to eat until it depleted.
yes i know it was a joke idea, but i can dream.

anyway, i don’t think the kinds of users who post that stuff are the type of people who would change their mind or even click on this post. i have the impression that many people come here once to post their one off ideas and then never come back

You’re probably right on that point, but have you noticed that there is still a large amount of active users here who post incredibly complex and needlessly thought out posts? It’s the same few people- maybe this post can change their mind, maybe not.

I think a lot of people go to the discord for discussion rather than here.

What discord? If its the normal unturned one thats a no

5 Likes

its definitely a bit of both, those people who are active are probably just young or don’t understand Nelsons vision for the game

some people don’t understand good game design and it will probably stay that way.

I’m thinking skyrim immersion logic, don’t worry mate… you get used to it.

Realistic if it helps the gameplay, shouldn’t get in the way of being fun.

Encouraging suggestions > Suppressing / making guidelines for / hating on “”“creative”"" suggestions

Your character should get FAT when they eat too much

all we had to do was follow the damn train, cj

3 Likes

lol nice one op. did you make this thread to boost ur self-esteem with likes?? this kind of stuff seems to be spouted everywhere now by people who want to sound smart lmao

hello OP here let me spout some nonsense i know a lot about gams :))) i played a lot of them my favourite game is enther the guneon! :))

also nice one, lmaod at this one

a game should have

Obviously, that’s just a good TL;DR of what I’m trying to say here.

1 Like

found the kid who got backlash for suggesting something retarded.

2 Likes

Ah yes apparently common sense is now something only the highest of intellectuals can wield

1 Like

Can’t you take just one minute to run what you’re about to post through your head and maybe realize that you’re just posting an empty argument and not constructive criticism?

I didn’t mean to refer to you, rather the people who make posts asking for a fucking 1% chance of tripping over when walking for the sake of “adding a layer of realism into gameplay”

2 Likes

We shouldn’t encourage ALL types of suggestions. You really do not want that to happen. Instead, we should be in favour of the ones that are reasonable and unobtrusive to FUN immersive gameplay.

This post isn’t a guideline by any means, and could never be because OP isn’t Nelson. It’s more of a heads up for people to think twice about if their idea is worth the realism it’s adding.

Example:

This is a creative suggestion and yet it still sucks ass, and should be ignored.

2 Likes