Realistic bullet hit and damage

I did not give much details but you got the idea
the distance from which you target is important (the damage is scarce)
the small caliber does not really give any real damage to the helmet, the vest.
assault rifle need to be very rare to increase competitiveness.
scopes are super op (NERF)
in general, military stuff should be rare (like 4 h =1 ak-9 bullets)
of course, the weapons at the farm, the city can be more common ( 1h= 1 pistol)
is just an opinion

and respawn time 120 sec i think is good

Actually, military helmets aren’t actually made to protect the wearer from a bullet, it’s to protect them from grazing shots and shrapnel from explosives. A dead-on shot will penetrate any helmet, regardless of whether or not it is military.

i head shots one shot then i could just grab a full auto gun and kill someone

I doubt it does not protect.
I will prefer to shoot with a pistol in the leg, hand and wait for the victim to die from bleeding

Which will rarely happen unless the man has hemophilia.
Which apparently everyone in Unturned has.

if you manage to get direct hit into the face, but you will not succeed if you shoot from a distance.
if you shoot in victim hand or leg you disarm them
strikes in front
chances 33% dead, 33% unconscious 33% reduced visibility or drug effect

bigj

Who you calling big, kiddo? :angry:

/s

Oh shoot sorry

i mean if you’re going for full realism, anything except maybe pistol rounds should absolutely just make helmets their bitch. they’re not made to protect from bullets.

I would put here some videos on youtube that prove that the pistol (low caliber) does not penetrate
in my picture is a ak my mistake (I’ll fix it)

errr

ten characters

Not this thread again.

No point and click adventures please

4 Likes

Okay
Here we go again

1 hit headshots are bad
This idea is bad
This ain’t a shooter game, it’s survival
Realism doesn’t mean it’s balanced
Realism doesn’t mean it’s fun

Again, this isn’t rainbow six where a pistol from 200 yards kills you instantly.
And plus, based the image you provided, a helmet can withstand 20 bullets? Nah fam, miss me with me with that PvP shit

4 Likes

stay at 3.0 if you do not want realism
it’s just a concept
other details deal with the developer (balanced)
I just want to say a pistol bullet in front is deadly (nearby)

Ivan, you say, “oh, 1 shot from anything can kill you herrmmmmmm” but that isn’t true. It would encourage pvp and make you paranoid, and like I said, you are all about realism but 1 bullet to the head isn’t true! That is a fantasy videogames have created among young children like yourself.

1 Like

also someone just need a full auto gin and to aim for the head and your done

stay with 3.0 if you do not want realism

That’s really not a good argument. Nelson wants 4.x to be more PvE based, but he hasn’t made a statement on how “realistic” he’ll make it, as far as I am aware. An idea like this kind of destroys the PvE factor by making PvP and KoS too easy.

1 Like

It’s not a matter of 3.x or anything.
But your suggestion of “more realism” is too much for a game. Because no matter how realistic you want it to be, it’s still a game.
Idk if that idea is hard to grasp for you, but it seems pretty easy for everyone else.

Again, this is a game, a survival game nonetheless; so implementing this PvP-encouraging mechanic will defeat the purpose of why Nelson’s making 4.x in the first place. So please think of what the developers want instead of instantly suggesting something that is the complete opposite of what they want

1 Like

One shot of .22 Long Rifle, which has lighter, smaller, and slower bullets than many pistol cartridges can kill a person IRL, but that doesn’t mean every time one touches someone’s head within 10 yards they are guaranteed to instantly die. If it were actually to be fully realistic, death would have to be a process rather than just an on/off state and I don’t think anyone actually wants that.

1 Like

in unturned, maybe, because the head is the size of a fUCKING WATERMELON
i’m triggered about the head size still. either way, headshots should actually matter, as opposed to “oh i did slightly more then minimal damage”.