Recoil

Drat, you quoted another of my typos!
Motion blur is just silly, if you’re actually moving fast enough that your eyes shouldn’t be able to tell what something is, they won’t.
I just find that recoil in most games is too simplistic, and doesn’t punish players enough for mag dumping and other stupid things.

i’d rather not be punished enough for mag dumping then have my shots fly to the fucking moon for literally no reason because the game decided i fired one too many bullets.

What is it with you and hyperbole? Literally everything you say is absolutely exaggerated to the utmost extreme that could ever feasibly be possible in any universe.

1 Like

okay that was pretty funny

2 Likes

I think a good effect could possibly be the smoke/gas coming from your weapon.

Let’s say you take a heavy-ish weapon like the FN FAL. You “mag dump” it and after the whole magazine is gone, its a bit more difficult to see overall. It throws you off a bit.

Then with LMGs, mag dumping with those could perhaps overheat the barrel, throwing your vision off as well.

Overall I honestly don’t really feel good about this idea, looking back on it. I honestly think just having generic recoil (but with your gun actually moving up instead of just your point of view) with muzzle flash coming into play, as well as the other factors that are taken into account while firing (muzzle flip, bullet velocity, recoil, attachments, etc) would be fine.

EDIT: I do think there should be a suppressed effect. It should just be completely different from anything related to you actually firing your weapon. The effect should only play when you are being fired at (and the weapon firing at you should be taken into account), and I suppose for “stun” grenades.

TL;DR just keep what we have but improve it overall so your weapon actually moves as opposed to just your point of view

1 Like

so basically kind of like how Squad handles recoil? fuck yeah that shit gucci :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.