Reusing packaging

One thing we must admit in Unturned 3.0 is that the character does not waste anything that eats or drinks, including packaging!
So a very simple addition would be for a reuse system (I do not know if it’s the right word), but let’s go to the examples.

After eating a canned food (including drinks), you will return an empty can, which we will use as a craft item (I do not know how it will be used in Unturned II).

If we drink a bottle of water, we will be returned with an empty bottle, which we can collect water.

Here’s my suggestion, let me know what you think about it.

5 Likes

To be honest I’ve always wanted empty bottles that work as shitty canteens. And survival is all about using what you got as good as possible. And throwing away useable or even life saving items is not using what you got.

2 Likes

I don’t like this idea, because while it’s realistic, it’s can disrupt the flow of gameplay. Why try and find (or presumably craft) a canteen if you can just find a water bottle and use that?

If you use an item, it should disappear from your inventory.

How often do you use a canteen irl if you compare it to just taking a old water bottle and refilling it?
Because even though a water bottle fits less water then a canteen and are much more prone to breaking it’s just more comfortable.
At least from what I can notice people rarely use canteens. For me it’s just too hard to find a clean water source. And having a alternative might actually help canteens.
Lets propose that UII has the same water system as 3.0.
One water unit fits inside one canteen regardless of how much water you get when drinking.
Assuming that the water bottle would give as much water as before you could probably assume that the canteen would be a better use of your resources.
So a canteen would be a up-tier to a water bottle just the same way a Maplestrike is a up-tier from a Eaglefire. Sure the Eaglefire is still good, but it’s not as good as the Maplestrike. And in the same way a water bottle is not as good as a canteen but it still good. Especially when there is a long distance between water sources.

Your whole argument is flawed due to a simple assumption.

You’re assuming that 3.0 and II will have the same water scavenging system, which isn’t safe. People in 3.0 may not use canteens, but who knows what the survival in II will be like? In any which way, if you were able to use an empty bottle of water to scavenge, it would make things easier. The perishable items you find are just that, perishable. They’re meant to be used once, that’s it.

Calm down, there is a way to balance them.
I suppose that the river water is not clean for consumption, a metal canteen could be used in a fire to boil it and thus purify (partially) the water, something that would not be possible with the bottle, keeping in mind that It’s plastic.
In addition, the canteen can carry much more water, maybe up to twice as much, good for ( as lusod has said) trips over long distances.

Yes this would make my suggestion 14 More Useful ( The blue link is the link to my post with you just scrolling down to 14)

Wrong, river water isn’t always unfit for consumption. Small streams/river are actually really clean and way way better tasting then normal tap water. Of course larger rivers or rivers that are close to cities are more polluted and such unfit to drink but for small streams the rock formations and sand on bottom clean the water really well.

1 Like

Actually, water from small streams and springs can indeed be cleaned, but I am giving an example of a river that passes near a city and which does not appear to be so clean. Forgive me for not specifying, but you are correct.

1 Like

Could have a durability effect on plastic bottles, but other than that

1. You can wear canteens, and if there was a makeshift version using bottles, it should be more encumbering
  2. You can boil water using metal canteens
  3. Metal would hold hot/cold things better (They maybe don’t IRL but hey)
  4. Canteens can hold more water
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.