Seasons, Weather and Dynamic Environments (MEGAPOST)

I think a visual obstruction for a few fractions of a second (like a flashbang) would be more than enough to disorient the player and pose enough of a threat when there are groups of Turned.

2 Likes

Some additional ideas from my side

Spring
During Spring when it starts to rain, dirt that is exposed to rain should start turning into mud essentially turning into mud pits, and players laying down in it would start to get wet/dirty aswell (maybe even leave footprints after stepping in them?) and could even be able to hide in them to not be spotted so easily.

Summer
When a tornado arrives and the player is around and is very close to it, you could take shelter in basements of abandoned houses or caves.

Autumn
During this season I think zombies should start to wander around the enviroment through forests,flat plains and more.

You a nasty boy.

2 Likes

I like the ideas you have but some are a bit weird in my opinion. Like a bloated zombie. Thats something you would find in games like Dyling Light or Dead Rising and is kind of weird with how the unturned zombie looks. Weird green globs jumping at you. And i feel like the rain damaging metal and wooden items would be too much. Afterall the item will just despawn after some time and be gone. You won´t really leave your stuff on the ground. I like the cute drawing style btw. Very nice.

3 Likes

In Dayz foe example rain affects clothes that you wear and all items in your inventory except those that are in a waterproof bag.

2 Likes

These are Suggestions that I like to see, full of work and art.
The winter will really be a great challenge for the player, besides all the nature fighting against the player, Golems may still come! These are ideas that I like, however (I don’t know how you thought, but …) I believe that normal turneds should continue to appear normally during the seasons, but thematic turneds for each season should appear relatively frequently.

The only ones that don’t have a sense of sight are Clickers, meaning they are far deadlier and also possess more endurance than normal zombies. On top of that, they have fungal growth over their head (which covers their eyes) that act as helmets, thus making headshots harder to achieve. A minor suggestion, make them docile unless aggravated due to being blind, similar to witch AI from L4D2.

Really cool idea, I’d like to see partly turned players as a possible integration or even a mod.

Standing crawler, but weaker

Sunbather Turned is a zombie that is docile and always spawns sitting on a chair or laying on the sand. Attacks when aggravated, and has a guaranteed drop of 1 random juice box.

Immune to burn damage.

Water gun sniper turned

Attracted to small bodies of water? (water barrel, small lakes, etc.)
It also drinks water from barrels that are built by players.

L4D2 flashbacks
The big guy looks like a tank with mini zombs inside lol

wait a fucking minute

I actually like this idea a lot, kind of like a mega but more advanced, no?

ELF TURNED AT RUSSIA SILO

WHAT WILL HE DO

coming right up

3 Likes

if you block the sun of the sunbather turned he goes into a remarkable bloodrage potentially killing thousands

4 Likes

make png image of sunbather turned pleas

7 Likes

I just realized, these overly complicated suggestions give nelson to pick and choose what he wants in UII, its very naice

2 Likes

I really look forward to surviving against the elements in U2, I think done correctly seasons would be huge for U2. I think maybe having to worry about hot items or rusty guns from the rain might be too much. But I do think that the rain and heat should be survival aspects.

• Rain- I think if you stay out to long and your temperature meter is cold for too long you begin to lose health or maybe get sick. Getting inside and starting a fire would dry you off. Or wearing a rain poncho or handcrafted animal pelt poncho would keep you from getting wet. Would also be nice to have food and hot drinks to speed up the warmth meter. I really like the temperature system in DayZ.

Also I think having rain to have to escape from would make a reason to add tents. Tiny tents or lean-to’s to get out of the rain.

• Heat- I think having dehydration and maybe overheating is how far heat should go in Unturned. Maybe in the heat of the day the heat should be a problem but having to worry about the heat too much would be to much. I think the heat should affect plants more than the player.

• Cold- In the winter and at night the temperature should drop and make the player have to seek shelter, fire, warm food/drink, or have really warm clothes. I don’t want to have the player always running in side cause its too cold like in current 3.0 yukon. The temperature meter should be able to be filled with warmth from the fire and maybe hot foods, then you last in the snow. But if you just run out in the snow unprepared it will hurt you.

• Progressive body temperatures and preparation- I think its important to see the ability to warm up or cool off and build up a temperature so going out into the elements doesn’t result in having to come back to safety or force the player to have deal with constant temperature drops just to walk around. In the Yukon even going out to cut some trees makes you freeze even with max skill and warm clothes. I am thinking proper clothing and maybe some food buffs will give you 15 mins in the elements.

I really like the idea of having medicine and “potions” from plants and such. Having knowledge of plants and there healing benefits would be really cool. Also the idea of having seasons affect outdoor farming and having to think about preserving food for winter would be such a breakthrough for survival games. Also I think foods, fires, and specific herbs should grant minor but helpful buffs. Like a herb root that gives energy (like the berries) or a comfort buff that increases tolerance to the elements.

9 Likes

I really liked your post and I completely agree with you, but you need to add something, for example, being in the South in winter will not have much snow or there will be no temperature at all and it will not always be warm in the northern part of the map in summer. I live in the north and in summer the highest temperature is 26-27 degrees, but this temperature was only 3-4 days for the whole summer

I recognize that, but this post was mainly to lay out the seasons of the mid-west US/Canada climate; Alberta, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan.

3 Likes

It must be cool to live in a seasonal country. Having an autumn that differs from summer looks so interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 27 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.