[Rough Draft, this is an unfinished outline of ideas & concepts]
yknow me I do not like pay to win, or abusive shitty admins. Yet as you can guess, those statements describe every single RP server that exists right now so…
yeah. I wanna go ahead and change that.
TL;DR of what help is needed
- Map designers / developers.
- Plugin developers. Currently having some assistance from one user? Though they are more than likely not going to straight up make plugins.
- Rocket/Openmod plugin setup, configs, player permissions, etc.
- Beta testers to fuck around and find oversights
- NPC creators
- Mod models, textures? etc?
- General help, what not. I can run servers efficiently, I can setup MySQL databases for globalBan or SaveLoad or Permissions, etc, but everything else I’ll need help with.
Join here if you want to join the contribution! https://discord.gg/P7MXgHa
GOALS / MAPS
Autonomous Maintenance / Organic RP / Maximizing Roleplay
We want to reduce the need for admin intervention, or admins at all, to an absolute minimum. By removing staff from the equation of 99% of RP, we can ensure there is no admin abuse.
By removing staff from the equation, there is less “magical sky daddy comes and fixes everything for you” and more “players need to cooperate and roleplay their role accordingly to get things done”.
Generic server-made groups like the Police, as well as player-made groups, could enact “order” (whatever they think order looks like) onto the population through tasers, imprisonment, fines, violent property raids, property seizure, personal item seizure, and killings.
A spawn room underneath the map, where you have to read the rules/info provided by the NPCs, in which the NPC will tell you where a hidden object is, and if you interact with the object, it will teleport you to a new room that has a region that gives you a new permission group that allows you to warp to the main city and begin your RP. This way new players must read the basic rules and therefore more people will be genuinely Roleplaying, while low-effort trolls will never find a way out of spawn.
Fair play is fun play
We do not want any items to be a hard-exclusive to a certain group. For example, on some RPs even if you kill a cop and they drop the taser in their loot, you can not pick it up because the item is blacklisted for regular players. While it makes sense that only cops should be able to purchase tasers (at least legally), players should still have ways to obtain such items themselves.
All items used by anyone should be obtainable through legitimate means with player trading, crafting, or purchases from NPCs. No kits or admin-spawned items.
Removal of favoritism by using a system of reporting that has a randomly-selected staff member handle a case. This will also increase average staff activity, as inactive staff that do not tend to tickets would be removed from the staff team.
EMS can revive people quickly, but normal people can revive eachother as well, just much much longer (say 30 seconds compared to 5)
- Maps need to be content-rich, with lots of properties to own, availability for progression, lore, secrets, and of course they need to be engaging.
- Engagement. Maps have to be small in order to naturally concentrate players to a more centralized Roleplay location, to increase interaction and Roleplay possibilities. By having a huge map with swathes of useless land, you only increase the average distance between players, and decrease the amount of interaction.
- Immersion. Each map has to have era-specific buildings, content, and conveyed ideas. Brooklyn might have a more darker, brutal, city construction aesthetic even shown off with different colored skybox, while something like Feudal RP has a bright sunny day like any other.
Raiding Fun and Fair
- Offline raiding will not be possible, through the use of the anti-offline-raid plugin.
- Raiding will only be possible if one member of the group is online.
- If they user goes offline, their builds will be raid-able for another 20 minutes to avoid “raid logging”
- Raiding weapons can be purchased from sketchy NPCs, very expensive, end-game items.
- Some weapons will be more silent, while others will be more explosive (custom raiding weapons for their era)
- Feudal example a black-market of outdated Kingdom Armory Surplus of Balistas or etc that can break down walls.
- Modern example, a military surplus dealer that sells items that would be considered harmless legal collectables (like a decommissioned tank without its missile barrel) that can be crafted or upgraded through a quest to become a fully operational tank that CAN raid things.
Quality of Life in-game & Discord
- Disabling AuthPhysics will save server resources, decrease lag, and 100% remove rubberbanding.
- Addition of ACABot to the server Discord to manage tickets, prevent admin abuse in the Discord, sync roles across other servers, player polls & votes, so forth.
– A map amongst two kingdoms. Kingdoms will have huge (nearly) impenetrable wooden/stone walls. The interior consisting of the King’s castle, areas of trade, living quarters of the higher echelons of Feudal society.
(Think of Mount & Blade)
– Already have an existing map in mind design inspiration.
This is a good reference image, however two things. One, this Kingdom uses basic modern buildings like the Pizza shop or Grocer store, which of course is not immersive. Two, I believe the entire composition of buildings needs to be far greater concentrated, like the screenshots shown above.
An ocean of pirates, a few villages where peasants till the fields for grain and harvest the ore from the mine, truly a hotbed for rebellion and uprisings. A few castles garrisoned with knights, levies, and weapons are scattered the land, located in the most strategic geological locations.
– Flintlocks, Arbalests, Long Bows, maybe some alchemy / magic items will be introduced, or even Muskets. Whatever is fun to use will be added. Balance is not an issue because we will balance it manually.
– Tons of patchy medieval clothing choices, knight, king, clergy, nobility, aristocracy, plutocracy, serfs, peasants, bourgeois, and queen clothes will be added among many generic clothes.
– Medieval “vehicles” like horses, makeshift boats, and so on.
– All kinds of business ventures from blacksmithing, fishing, clothesmakers, slave traders, horses, food, house goods, and more bourgeois things like fine foods, clothes, hats
– Perhaps if it is not creative, then there can be le funny system where “prisoners of war” can be “sold” into “slavery”. AKA, they are dragged back to a Town or Castle and taken to the prison, whereby the victor makes a profit and the “slave” is now back at spawn, to begin RP again. That would be interesting.
- Brooklyn-(esque) RP
– City and sprawling suburbia, little to no greenery, truly a hellhole of construction, housing, business, apartments, hotels, and skyscrapers. The only major greenery is found in huge state-sanctioned parks.
Some industry, naval dockyards, beach resorts, and luxury condos border the ocean.
Barrier islands are where the most wealthy of society live their days in absolutely unfathomable luxury, with very little construction, plentiful docks, yachts, steel & glass housing, and borderline indentured servants.
– Iconic raised passenger train platforms
– Suburbia will look more like this
– A crazy idea was that it could be a fictional country that borders Russia and an American puppet state, in which either RU/US could “invade” the map, leading to a complex roleplay situation whereby two superpowers vye for control, while civilians and worker uprisings play as a third faction in the conflict. (It would be interesting to have a ficticious country with a fictional flag, like in DayZ). Though that seems far-fetched now.
- Fallout (kinda least important)
– Well, there is an official map that exists. However the creators forbid anyone from improving it so I’m not sure how we can do anything to the map. Perhaps it would be better if we could make our own medium sized version?
– If we could setup a good economy, then it could be normal RP instead of creative.
– The right fallout weapon packs, what items need to be blacklisted, etc
– I’ve never really played Fallout before at all, but this seems to be a popular suggestion given to me.
Join here if you want to join the contribution! https://discord.gg/P7MXgHa