Shoes and Gloves in 4.0

cadpat gloves for S U P R E M E M E M E R Y

Am I missing a meme here? And if so can I get the rundown on it?

C A D P A T G L O V E S

This would probably kill the joke, but I still don’t understand the meme part about these gloves. They look fairly normal

Surgical Gloves: Faster first aid/pills appliance
Fingered Gloves: ???
Fingerless Gloves: Faster weapon draw
Mittens: Found in Yukon and with the same warmth properties as the scarf and toque
Work Gloves: More melee damage

I like the idea of different clothing items giving you boosts like these. I’m planning for the skills to be implemented through a stackable attributes system so your clothing item could have a list of boosts like +10% reload speed, +25% backward swimming speed while eating, etc.

19 Likes

owo what’s this Nelson likes my post

Also +1 for

A truly needed meme feature. You better add this just because of the ridiculousness of you saying it xd

2 Likes

Memery aside, this is such a great feature (the attribute-based system, that is).

3 Likes

It is. Personally I’d favor a dual-tier system where you can spec into skills (I’d rather have a gradual Path of Exile style perk system instead of the current bar system), and a complementary as opposed to supplementary clothing/equipment/item stat bonus perk system

Ridiculous??? This is a feature that we need, imagine the potential of swimming faster backwards while swimming! THE RAIDS THAT COULD BE DONE, like… ok maybe not raids but whatever you could escape players! Maybe not as you fill your hunger too fast and don’t have enough extra speed while swimming. Ok I’ll think of something.

To be more serious on the topic of gloves and boots I think that we should consider the damage reduction and I think theif shoes should be the sneakey shoes and the sneakers be the fast shoes.I also think that flipers for quite faster than normal swiming would be nice although a disadvantage would be sloooow movment on land.

And maybye Nelson could name the flippers something funy like “Duck Feet”…I dont know if that funy i dont have a good sense of humor

I don’t think flip flops are gonna be a good addition because it would be a major disadvantage to everyone. Most of our time is spent walking and running, no one is willing to sacrifice that for faster swimming

Was a typo, but “oh god no.” In all seriousness though…

A lot of people would, especially if it was a direct upgrade to some alternatives or if you had to use stamina to swim. Or, if you had an underwater base or large underwater cave. It also just makes sense in general if diving gear was a thing.

1 Like

And now, for the new meta.
People stacking +5% Recoil Control through clothing LOL

I’m 1000% sure they’re going to be clothing-related buffs.

Who knows really

How do you buff clothing through clothing? You got armor, and you might be able to do some invulnerabilities to fire/acid/etc. Both of those, while useful, wouldn’t be worth mentioning when introducing a new concept, especially on boots and gloves where armor would make less sense than usually. :thinking:

Will probably see clothing/weapons that reduce movement speed, or gloves that increase punch strength. Boots that increase movement speed would be expected under this same logic, but is probably one of attributes people would dislike seeing on shoes. :thinking:

But yeah,

(EDIT: tbh, actually don’t even know what your comment I replied to was supposed to mean anymore, after rereading it.)

2 Likes

I posted this idea before on Reddit relating to benefits

but I’m sad

3 Likes

o nice

Never noticed this I’m a afraid