Shootable Explosives

I’d like to start a poll to see what peoples’ general opinions are on this suggestion.

• I agree with this suggestion
  • I disagree, because of realism
  • I disagree, because of gameplay/balance concerns
  • Null option

0 voters

Jesus Christ this did absolutely nothing

Not surprised.

It’s easy to see the player base being split on something like this.

3 Likes

I was trying to tell them that. With the exception of using dedicated high explosive ammunition against said gas cans, propane tanks, etc.

EDIT: The Null Option here means none of the above.

Inert Projectiles

• Ignite wooden buildable/environmental props
  • Ignite stored fuels/explosives
  • Ignite placed fuels/explosives
  • Null Option

0 voters

Tracer Projectiles

• Null Option

0 voters

Explosives

• Null Option

0 voters

Incendiary Devices

• Null Option

0 voters

The only property I prefer to see for tracer rounds is just a unique red trace (Maybe they’re just more clearer to see than regular rounds) and fire-based minuscule bonus damage

Other than that, tracer ammunition are purely aesthetic. They’re just for show.

Now with gas canisters, I would design them simply as a placeable object that only explodes when destroyed by strong explosive or fire-based damage (e.g. Flamethrower, grenade). I included ‘Strong’ so that weak fire damage from tracer that I suggested wouldn’t cause gas canisters to explode.

Otherwise releases a large cloud of gas that quickly disappears after several seconds only when destroyed by physical/piercing damage. If something explosive or incendiary happened within the gas cloud (e.g. Firing a gun, using a fire-based item like blowtorch), a large area will be covered in fire (Maybe weaker than pre-ignited version).

I can’t say for sure or suggest that guns should prematurely trigger explosives, it all depends on Nelson’s take on them when he added them

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.