Sight sway

I don’t know what to really call this so I’ll go with “Sight sway.”
Basically what I want is for the reticles on scopes and red dot sights, as well as lasers to sway with movement. That is all.

2 Likes

Wait but why? When the scope sways, the reticle moves with it. Would you rather the reticle moved not the scope? I’m confused so could you please explain?

1 Like

I’d assume he is suggesting that the scopes also move along with the reticle.

2 Likes

He means when you move your body left your gun sights tilt to the left slightly, not your actual reticule, just the sight while adsed to make run and gunning harder

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the gun to be pointed slightly to the right when you’re moving left?

I’d personally like the effect to also be used for recoil, not necessarily replacing the ‘looking up affect’ we already have, but atleast supplementing it.

1 Like

The way optics work in real life, the reticles actually counteract sway from movement. Lasers, however, should sway fully with character movement.

Examples from Escape From Tarkov (with preset timeframes). As you can see, sway is still present, but the reticles move fully independent from the physical character, simply because that’s how optics are designed.

It might be a little harder to see in this example, but you probably get what I mean at this point.

1 Like

Fuck arse,
Literally was about to link Tarkov.

You Win this Time!

I like it but it depends on how much it is, For me its too much in tarkov, But really nice in pubg and I dont think many people would like it so maybe having the ability to turn it on and off or scale how much it sways, cool idea

So basically like this, a character with low aim holds a pistol while standing and he has shakey aim, but your camera doesnt move and you’re still looking where you want to shoot, but the sighs of the gun jitter around a bit?
Or if you’ve got a rifle, you’re looking where you want to aim, but again the weapon sways as your heartbeat causes your unsteady hands to shake unless you’re laying prone or the gun is resting on a ledge or something for support?
I would be okay with this.

I never liked the “looking up” effect, it feels stupid. However, I think the gun should still be thrown up, and if you shoot before recovering your aim, your aim is off. Better strength, grips, or stocks/arm braces helps with recoil resistance and recovery. Also, a suppressor would help mitigate recoil by a fraction as well due to the extra mass at the end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.