So they messed up the Rio Reincarnation relase

Right, before everything I just want to say I pre-ordered this game the day it was available to do so, and I can safely say I regret it.

You know, I’m not a really big visual novel fan, me being my weeb self usually sticks to regular anime and is satisified with that, but when I heard there was gonna be a VN based on DaL, I knew I had to get it, so I did. Made sure I met the minimum spec requirements and everything (Which I did).

Relase day, I get a error on launch, tried reinstalling, running it as administrator, nothing. There were even some threads made by the tech support regarding DirectX support, which I promptly tried but to no avail.
Now, I wanna give credit where it’s due. Nova, the original person who made the DirectX thread, really did try to help but really couldn’t do anything, it was the same XAudio2Create() error, so I was told to contact the support, fair enough.
There was a support form I had to fill out, I don’t know if it’s the norm but it looked professional enough (Tho, I have no idea why they need their full name but, whatever floats their boat) and so I filled it out, and at the end it just said ‘‘You will be contacted soon’’.

So I waited.
And waited some more.
Two days later, I get an email from the support team, basically asking for my DxDiag logs, which I promptly sent them. Seems good enough, right?
Wish it fuckin was.

A while after, I get another email basically telling me to do the same things from the DxDiag thread and update my graphics drivers. I have a 1050ti and Geforce Experience says my drivers are up-to-date, so I send them a reply basically explaining this.
After that, I get one last email, and I want to quote you the exact email just for reference.

As of now, we are investigating the crashing that you and other users are experiencing. We thank you for your patience on the matter, and we will update you on any findings regarding the matter.

It’s been about four days, and I’m still yet to get another email from them. At this point, they’re literally just making me wait 14 days so I can’t refund the damn thing, I’m probably gonna get said refund in a day or two because it’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Look, I just want to play my damn anime game, but this is just annoying. I literally can’t play the thing I paid for and I’m being told nothing. No explanation, no nothing, all I know is I just paid good money for something that’s broken at launch. I’ve seen some shit ports, but fuckin hell this is just miserable, the game can’t even do one thing it’s supposed to.
There are a lot of games that launch broken, but they usually have day-1 patches, bug fixes, everything. we’re just being left in the dark with a broken 1.0 relase and being told it’s final.

You know, this was the game I looked forward to besides Unturned II, and I genuinely want to play the game, but I can’t because they messed up a relase.

$50 for a VN seems a bit steep, and I’m sorry that you have to go through this, but at least you learned a valuable lesson.

Don’t pre-order games, ever.

I’ve had friends pre-order No Man’s Sky, and look where that got them.

Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded when you let the reviews role in, I know it sucks being a beta tester on release.

2 Likes

Unless there’s a preorder bonus you’d like to have, they’ve already ended communication with you on the issue because they have nothing else to follow-up with until it’s resolved.

With that in mind, there’s not much reason to not refund the game, since you can’t play it and they don’t need you to be able to play it, unless you want to continue personally troubleshooting the issue.

Is there an actual troubleshooting thread you had created, beyond just rant post about lackluster support? Post your specs too, and check what version of DirectX you have installed. Could try installing this older version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Prime example to never pre-order.

Even if you quite literally have meony to brun, preordering is arguably one of the worst things you can do. It enablkes developers to profit from products tha do not even exist yet. It perpetuates the “We’ll just launch it now and fix it later” mentality that is part of the reason we into this whole “live service” schmuck instead of getting proper games.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.