Something something Apex Legends is a good example of content that should be in II

3 Likes

Player voices was suggested a lot.

1 Like

Pinging? Sure, something like Portal 2 is what comes to mind to me personally, (I haven’t played a lot of Apex) but voice lines are a big no for me. If you’re not using a mic, you’re at a disadvantage. It’s like if you’re using a trackpad vs a mouse, especially since both can be corrected for a couple of dollars.

1 Like

So using a microphone to communicate to your friends through discord puts you at the disadvantage?

I wonder why so many people reccommend it, then.

Anyway, assuming you mean using a mic in-game then yes, of course you’re at the disadvantage as it reveals your relative location. However, if you read earlier comments, the voice lines can only be heard by you and your teammates - similar to Apex. Enemies can not hear you screaming “THING OVER HERE” or “LOOK AT THAT SICK ASS SPOT” or whatever the voice lines say.

Voice lines are great. And I’m not entirely trying to suggest that they should be a full replacement for a microphone like you are conveying, rather just having them in general is nice. Me and my two friends all use mics in Apex, but the character voice lines are nice and only add to the combat, looting, and surviving of the game. Don’t we want Unturned to be full of enjoyable, useful content? I dont think you can truly understand how beneficial and nice the voices are in Apex without playing it yourself, or maybe better yet simply watching any review of the game. Every review boasts about how great the communication (Marking, Pinging, and Voice Lines) the game has.

And again, assuming you did not read earlier comments theres this

1 Like

Here is a great review video. Theres a segment dedicated to the teamplay.

1 Like

Mozambique is also ours

1 Like

Bill: Look over there~

Bill: Look over th~

Bill: sicnarF

Look up " a disturbing montage of Bill moments" or something similar on YouTube.

1 Like

Mozambique put a Avtomat Kalashnikova [otherwise simply known as the Kalashnikov or the AK-47] on their flag and emblem.

1 Like

Rain, you need better English skills. Needless said "if you are not using a mic, you are at a disadvantage. (And if you still dont understand, no mic = no good).

Also, in your second quote you quoted him talking about trackpads, and you continued to talk about mics, might want to fix that.

I agree with the pinging idea but not the voice acting one, Game should have support for it but 100% should not be in vanilla. It would never work.

1 Like

I didn’t notice the whole not word

Hey KingFrog you need better English skills. Needless to say he was comparing using a mic to trying to use voice lines as an alternative (IE, trackpad vs mouse) and I made an argument stating that voice lines aren’t exactly supposed to be a replacement or supplement to no microphones, but merely highlighting that it would greatly help and bring better content to the game

I think it can and will work. And if I really have to, I’ll make my own module that features voice lines, but I highly doubt 4.0 will be THAT modifiable to the extent where we can modify the main menu to add entirely new sections to already existing ones (such as for example adding an entire customization voice section to the characters appearance options)

But if it were then I’d be down to put money where my mouth is. If Nelson won’t officially add it, I guess I’ll monetize it.

Need a dispenser here!

I think this could be an amazing idea with 4.0/II and could greatly decrease or even eliminate the amount of times you have to describe where something is, just like the compass it removed the need to describe “that tree” or “that rock” and instead made you use bearing.

I’m not too sure about the voice lines thing, so long it’s optional if implemented. But i would think small grunts would be kinda cool, i just don’t want my character to sound like an obese man jogging in a closet whenever running.

Sentry ahead!

1 Like

I don’t want any sounds like that added, ever. Strictly the kind of stuff Apex adds, just reactionary voice lines and generic but useful callouts

Theres a spy round here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.