Special effects for the editor

Will there be visual effects for the editor in U2 like animated smoke, fire or lights as props to place around like in men of war’s editor for example? I think this was something missing in 3.0
And even perhaps craters from certain sizes wich can be placed or can be created with explosives

Pd: this is my first topic :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

IDk maybe all though that would be cool.

i think so

If there was terrain damage, it should be limited to top soil only, and it should fade back to normal after a short time. This could be wet mud or dry sand or even just grass and could change in thickness, useful for making off-roading a challange

1 Like

Yeah this is a good idea too

Im pretty sure this is in the devkit editor

1 Like

You’re correct, although I’m pretty sure the normal editor has the Effect Node too.

Hawaii definitely uses the effect node for animated particle effects, and then maps like Russia use it create utter darkness in the subway.

I believe Germany uses it at the Ostsee Compound for fire particle effects, but that might be incorrect. Germany at least uses it for the cremation pit in Berlin.

1 Like

˙ʇɔǝɟɟǝ ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ puɐ 'lǝʌǝl ɐǝs ɹɐǝu ƃuᴉɥsɐlds sǝʌɐʍ ɟo punos ǝɥʇ ǝʌoɯǝɹ ɹoʇᴉpǝ lɐɯɹou ǝɥʇ uᴉ sʇɔǝɟɟǝ ʎluo ǝɥʇ ˙ʇusǝop ʇᴉ 'ou

And if im correct theres also a waterfall effect in 3.0

Oh that explains, my bad, im unfamiliar with the devkit

My mistake. If you’re using the Legacy Editor instead of the Devkit, you cannot use the the Effect Node for particle effects. It’ll only work with sound effects (cave noises, waterfall noises, etc.), and then the misc. ambience options that are toggled from there (lighting and water).

1 Like

Quit it, you are not australian

I came here just to say this bye

1 Like

UE4 has all that stuff + iirc unturned doesn’t have a map editor (maps are done directly in ue4) but there’s still hope I guess

Yeah if thats the case then lets hope nelson adds it

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.