Stasven Teaser #7

[ AUDIO ONLY / LOG 206 : 12D - 4M - 3456Y : 13H18M ] [ AUTOMATIC TRANSCRIPTION DISPLAYED ]

[ LOG BEGINS ]

Log 206, depth of 74.8 kilos, light at 13 lux, 18 percent battery.

Followed the scanners down here. She was right, it’s here. It’s real.
Can’t trust nobody with this - not Tavron, not Fitzden, and especially not Monochrome.

Won’t let it come to that. Gonna keep going deeper into the Temple, see what’s up ahead.
Planted my last frags at the entrance. Hopefully the cave-in’ll stop 'em right there.

If I speak again, it ain’t me. Stavel out.

[ LOG ENDS ]

Work continues as usual, with nothing too extraordinary to note about it. Not sure what else to put other than that.

30 Likes

It looks as beautiful as the first day I saw it.

Looking forward to seeing what’s in store in the future :slight_smile:

9 Likes

holy fuck these particles are gonna destroy computers.

11 Likes

wow look at those solar eruptions

that sure is a lot of russia boulder 8

7 Likes

Damn Star Citizen is coming along great.

7 Likes

It looks as beautiful as the first day I saw it.

looks as beautiful as you :wink:

holy fuck these particles are gonna destroy computers.

wow look at those solar eruptions

hmm yes I sure do enjoy glancing at Green Space Lines on cold lonely nights, they sure do calm and relax me after a long day of violence and misery

that sure is a lot of russia boulder 8

real damn shame that boulders are so low on the list of things I really care about, isn’t it

Damn Star Citizen is coming along great.

development funds sure are running high, might start selling virtual rovers for exuberantly high prices to pay for my group therapy sessions with the boys

3 Likes

THAT WAS GAYER THAN CANDYLAND

6 Likes

This looks fucking great dude holy shit. Excited for updates

1 Like

a.What the hell are those things in the first image!!?
b.The guy in the 4th image looks badass.He looks like something straight out of COD Infinite warfare (yes,crappy game,but admit,it had some good looking military space suits in it).Is he a “Colonial Defence”?

But yeah,seems like a lot of people are concerned about performance,and considering Unturned’s optimization…yeah…shit.Do you have anything to comment about that?

Anyways,keep up the good work,as always.:wink:

2 Likes

a.What the hell are those things in the first image!!?

the choir

b.The guy in the 4th image looks badass .He looks like something straight out of COD Infinite warfare (yes,crappy game,but admit,it had some good looking military space suits in it).Is he a “Colonial Defence”?

I love the IW aesthetic, the game itself seemed alright but then again it was a CoD game
he’s not part of the Colonial Defense, he’s a PMC hired by a rival megacorporation that doesn’t really like the megacorp that manages the CD

But yeah,seems like a lot of people are concerned about performance,and considering Unturned’s optimization…yeah…shit.Do you have anything to comment about that?

I actually got a couple things to comment about on that, thanks for asking

my last map PEI v3 runs way worse than Stasven on all ultra, and v3 has far less effort put into it visually than Stasven (no particle effects, no fancy shaders, no high detail models)
optimization is definitely higher priority than it was on v3, because back then I didn’t care at all about making the map run well which obviously then led to it running like ass and making everybody mad

fps tests:

PEI v3, all ultra w/ vsync, looking NW from center of map - 25 fps

Stasven, all ultra w/ vsync, looking NW from center of map - 46 fps

Stasven, on a shitty Dell Venue 11 tablet on low-medium w/ vsync, looking NE from center of map - 28 fps

my desktop’s specs:

-windows 10 pro
-intel i7 920 (2.67 ghz) (old, sad, and barely gets the job done)
-amd radeon r9 390 (ancient, gets coil whine when worked too hard)
-12 gb ram (only about 9 gb usable because win10’s hogging it)
-240 gb ssd (unturned is installed here, still takes upwards of 5 minutes to load)
-enough dust to the point where I’m shocked it hasn’t developed sentience

tl;dr it runs alright, could be better, probably will get worse, who knows at this point

6 Likes

That looks as beautiful as my GPU on fire!

4 Likes

I would love it if you elaborated on what “the choir” really is.Are they basically the zombies of this map?

Yes! I was a hardcore Hawken player and I am currently playing Armored Warfare,so I am really into that “corporation wars” stuff.I freaking love the lore behind this map!You really have some wild imagination.:grin:

Now about tthe performance.It seems,ok for a large-sized map according to what you said,but we’ll see I guess.

Will be looking forward to seeing it complete.:grinning:

1 Like

I would love it if you elaborated on what “the choir” really is.Are they basically the zombies of this map?

yes
they aren’t too threatening, but something tells me they won’t be your only enemies

Yes! I was a hardcore Hawken player and I am currently playing Armored Warfare,so I am really into that “corporation wars” stuff.I freaking love the lore behind this map!You really have some wild imagination.:grin:

tbh only like 35% of the lore that I’ve got planned is going to make it into the final map, mainly as to not cover the map in lore and give Ady a stroke

there’s some pretty juicy stuff that is definitely going to make it in, along with the possibility of non-Unturned Stasven content

Now about tthe performance.It seems,ok for a large-sized map according to what you said,but we’ll see I guess.

yeah we’ll see, it’s not too bad right now but once things start coming together I might have to try some Spyjack-level dirty tricks to keep things running smoothly (caves hidden outside the map, teleporter tricks, etc)

1 Like

Hostile NPC’s confirmed???:thinking:

Uuuuuum…sorry,but what do you exactly mean by that?
Are you gonna port stuff in from other games?

not possible.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.