Suggestion: Player Injuries

So if he was to add this, to what extent would he go?

1 Like

I sure cannot wait for the ability to cut off my pinky toe and then give it to my best bro in unturned 2 video game

I’d suck your pinky toe

2 Likes

what the frick

hot

2 Likes

The problem isn’t that the suggestion is too in-depth. The more well thought out and construcred a suggestion the better. The problem is that it introduces mechanics that are potentially unfun, or otherwise detrimental to the good qualities of a game, for no particular benefit except realism.

3 Likes

What about just adding the ability to injure some body parts, without losing limbs?

1 Like

Meant to say BIG falls, not just falling off a crate and then instantly breaking your legs.

Id enjoy it if it were simplified a bit, like a lightly injured limb would be repairable as opposed to an amputated one. I feel like there could be a middle ground between having a light injury and a completely missing limb, but too much will overcomplicate things

Yeah there is; minor damage and major damage. Both are repairable, and do different types of damage and defects to the player. I would support this sort of variation of my suggestion.

1 Like

A system like The Long Dark or Project Zomboid would be great, but you’re focusing too much on combat here. I just want sickness and more different bone fractures, i don’t need specific splints and medications for each ailment on each limb.

2 Likes

About the prostetics, I Think it would be cool if they were added, and I would like to lose my arm or somehthing and build (if done nicely) a new arm from some Electronics and stuff, you know, an cool syntetic/robotic whatever you wanna call it arm, and ofc it should be balanced and have disandvantages and advantages.
And ofc there are those people that dont want to have prostetics, so if we Think like there would be NPC Towns and such things in UII, so In some more advanced thecnical Towns there would be doctors that could fix you up and give you an human arm instead, so that you are like it never happend.

also some ideas for pros and cons, the real limb attachment doctor… the doctor who will attach your limb back to your body would be more expensive, but your arm would not malfunction while you do stuff, but when taking damage to your human bodyparts you might stagger or what it is called… getting stunned in some ways.
while the mechanical arm might be cheaper and Upgradable it might not be compatable with all stuff, like if it gets damaged it cant be healed cuz its mechanic so you need to fix it, but when taking damage to your mechanical bodypart you dont stagger or get stunned, and it might also sometimes make you do some stuff slower in different weathers and time of the year and such things.

@davidj123456 I Think there should be more injury types and such things and as you probably can see also prostetics and limbloss

Nah, that’s kinda dumb. I think if you get shot then you could remove the bullets which could put your health a little higher and prevent infection a bit, and then you could heal yourself further using bandages/medkits/blood/whatever. Anything more complicated than that is just tedious. Being able to shoot the heads and arms and stuff off zombies would be really cool, but definitely not players.

2 Likes

I think I support this idea also. We have to keep in mind that Nelson won’t be very reluctant to add in a lot of gore.

1 Like

I mean, if you’ve done enough damage to blast a player’s head off, than they’re dead anyways, so why not?

2 Likes

While I would like a limb damage system like in the Fallout series, I don’t think we should go into detail with blowing off arms and prosthetic limbs and whatnot. I don’t think it would suit the game, and it would really just be needless complexity for the sake of complexity, serving little for gameplay.

I’d keep the damage and healing simple and easy to understand, while making sense logically and adding to the gameplay experience. I’d make it scale direclty from 100% to 0% condition, not binary like the fallout series.

The more damage your arms take, the less powerful and slower your melee attacks get, and the more scope sway you have, with hipfiring also being less accurate. With a damaged arm you’d need to go prone to get a somewhat decent shot, and even then it’d be very unstasble. Different limbs would also modify the bodyshot damage taken, similar to counterstrike. Arms would take the least, then legs, then torso take sthe most.

Damaged legs would make you walk slower and use more stamine, and if below 25% condition, entirely unable to sprint. Perhaps also lower carry weight, should that come back in 4.0.

Torso wouldn’t really do anything, but in return would take the most non-headshot damage.

For heads, I wouldn’t really add anything, it’d only be annoying.

I don’t think blowing off limbs and replacing them with prosthetic bits makes sense given the game’s playstyle and how easy it would be to just suicide to replace them. I’d keep the effects somewhat limited and simple to understand, while keeping them annoying enough to have to fix them up, but not annoying enough to have to suicide to get rid of them.

For healing, I’d just use splints and medipacks, just the stuff generally in use. Don’t think we need new items, complexity for complexity’s sake isn’t good.

1 Like

eh, well only when they’re dead, that would be cool

1 Like

One of the big problems with adding more injuries like this, is that it increases the advantages that shooting first gives. In a game like unturned, it is important that even if you are taken by surprise, you still have a chance of winning the fight, and this may impact on this

however in saying that, i do think something needs to be done about the gunfights which take ages

In Unturned TTK is already incredibly fast. Unless you aren’t using an AR or a Semi-Auto Sniper, you will always get the kill (90% of the time) if you fire first, or if you get the drop on him. So in U3 your logic is already invalid. In U4 we can at least make it more realistic…

Also it’s important to understand the fact that if anything, my suggestion makes it more fair in a sense. If the guy who gets shot at first turns around, shoots the enemy, and disabled him, then he will have a chance to get away.

The TTK itself isn’t actaully that short, if you don’t succeed on killing someone in your first ambush gunfights can last quite a long while, having more and more limb damage would make both parties weaker, and allow a third party to wipe both more easily.

If the player is already somewhat dodging and moving a little bit unpredictably, it can be difficult to get a kill right away, and compared to other games where a single headshot will kill, the TTK is comparably long. If you are fully geared, it would be very annoying to die because you got shot once in the leg/ arm with a civilian rifle (or some similar circumstance) and couldn’t sprint or aim or whatever. I do agree that unturned needs some gunfights to be ended faster, blowing off limbs especially should not be the fix. I think that firstly a better fix should be to make medkits not heal you immediately for a start, and then if that isn’t enough to shorten gunfights, then start introducing broken legs when shot etc.