Suggestion: Pre-Release Rewards & Quests

Experienced is very much obtainable but takes 2400 hours.
Gold is also very easy to obtain; just spend $5 on steam?

The Gold and Crimson berets are only given to players who played Unturned when it was still a browser game and had to use keys to access the newer 2.0 game before it was released publically in Early Access on Steam. The Gold Beret is not a Gold member item, and the Crimson Beret is not the Experienced Beret (that one is orange in color).

4 Likes

Ah you are right sorry. Wait so do Gold Members not even get a Beret at all?

They don’t.

If they played the game during early access, they can get the early access beret. But the Gold Upgrade DLC doesn’t grant you a beret.

2 Likes

Nope. Only the Gold Suit pieces, the Gold Tux pieces, Gold aviators, the Gold Katana skin, and the Gold Desert Falcon skin. Which, admittedly, is a lot of cosmetics in itself.

The berets seem to be reserved for more limited achievements (the exceptions of course being the Debugger’s Beret and the Experienced Beret, but those have requirements that are strict enough to consider them pretty “limited” if not literally limited).

Well that kind of sucks. In that case, I’d also suggest Unturned II has more rewards for the equivalent of its gold members

That’s already enough, adding cosmetics just for the sake of owning them isn’t good. Not to mention that most people that suggest that do it because they know they could be eligible for it.

2 Likes

I mean everyone hopes they’d be elegible for everything nowadays

Eh, I personally disagree with the notion that rewards are really necessary for Unturned II’s DLC, especially considering that the Gold DLC is unlikely to make its way into the next game anyway. As far as I remember, the only DLC planned is a server pass used to get into official servers. Of course, I just came back from roughly a 3-month hiatus, so things could have changed that I wasn’t aware of.

2 Likes

If you knew that this won’t be the case you shouldn’t have posted a thread like this (has already been discussed several times)

Alright, that basically confirms what I was thinking.

2 Likes

I mean let’s be honest, it is true…

It’s true that you want to sneak around a suggestion for something that you could benefit of at somepoint for selfish/greedy reasons ?

In any case, we’ve listed how certain cosmetics are obtained and for which reasons they’re in the game. If you’re going to post dozens of times a day, please do atleast some research regarding what you want to talk about instead of making a fool of yourself posting wrong informations.

2 Likes

I believe people were given more incentive to play when the beta build features a full survival experience while Nelson constantly adds content every week/fortnight/month.

I doubt these Fallout 76 tier quests would encourage anything. Also, I wouldn’t ask for rewards.

6 Likes

Nelson should be focusing on completing higher priority framework mechanics of the game pre-release as opposed to something like a quest system that, in comparison would be a minor mechanic.

Playerbase retention may be a valid concern, but I think it is not one that warrants rushing out features specifically for that reason. Many of U3’s mechanics early on (such as vehicle physics) were shipped quickly in order to satisfy the community and as a result are showing serious issues in quality that plague us to this day. It’s fortunate for us then that he’s learned from this mistake going into the development of UII and has a much more solid plan on rolling out content this time around. As Yarrrr has said, people will want to play a game that is fleshed out in content overall, not an addition on any one single front.

As for reward cosmetics, I really think that’s literally the last thing we need more of right now, especially with a requirement as basic as being a community member (which, granted, is already a given if you enjoy the game, and even sometimes if you don’t). Rewards, much like supporting game mechanics, will come when the time is right.

3 Likes

I mean he should have quests in the game by default, as it will make it more fun. Won’t hurt to add a couple more for testers. Otherwise, I completely agree.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.