Tackling Gold DLC's multiple character inventories

My 6,000 hours of PvP gametime says otherwise

I am almost certain he used to have it where when you changed your job the server would recognize this and take skills away from your previous job.

This is a loaded question, as your first sentence clearly shows that you think so

Reinforcing your first sentence again

10s leave timer
10-20s switching characters and rejoining the server
30s to get situated and destroy people

This is neglecting the Vanilla game, and you are neglecting the fact that Nelson primarily gives no care for anything outside of the vanilla experience such as plugins - except in very rare cases such as sentries on vehicles on creative servers (and let alone, it was OP in survival)

This is extremely situational and depends on the situation.

Are you on Russia and died at the military base? Have fun running all the way back to mili alone with a large chunk of your skills missing and all the while getting loot along the way to help protect yourself on your journey. Oh wait, loot despawns in 10m and I highly doubt you’ll make it in time.

Even if it were a map like PEI at the military whereby players can get a chance to spawn nearby, it would almost seem like a no-brainer to simply get on a well-equipt well-armed alt account that is logged off in one of the towers, rather than opting to run back naked and only sacrifice dying and loosing more EXP.

As said earlier

The only good use of wasting 5 minutes closing Unturned, switching steam accounts, relaunching Unturned, and rejoining the server on an actual alt is if you die-hard need a safe space to store some mega-OP loot. And frankly I don’t know anyone I’ve ever met that has actually taken the time to do this, its simply too inconvenient.

So then, rather than defending P2W I’d suggest you acknowledge both sides of the argument and realize that your opinion isn’t always fact. You claim “nobody uses it” and “nobody is going to bother”. Infact it’s kinda ironic how you claim nobody is willing to take “5 minutes” to switch gold characters, then go on further to claim you can “easily just use alt steam accounts”.

If nobody is willing to take “5 minutes” to switch gold characters, then why have them in the first place? :thinking:.

Side note:
I think gold was simply an oversight by Nelson and maybe didn’t mean for it to be P2W, or planned to refine it further as 3.0 progressed but never did, or never could (perhaps it would break the promise that gold offers, but simultaneously Nelson is breaking his promise that the game is free-to-play and non-P2W if he doesn’t)

This seems pretty irrelevant seeing as Yarrrr already made a poll which is pretty much exactly representative of the argument you are trying to push. The only difference is adding green skin, which doesn’t do much because everyone plays on lowest possible graphics.

2 Likes

I will kill you

Id say its more of “Pay to make life easier”

1 Like

Hours mean nothing in this game, I have over 1k hours and have only seen a handful of people use this exploit. There are people with thousands of hours that are straight garbage at the game. Don’t forget, more than half of your hours are from idling. Also, don’t forget having different inventories is for RP purposes, even in non-RP servers.

1 Like

Green bois can blend in with green terrain decently w/o grass. Not everyone is extremely vigilant, and had they been a normal skin color they’d be seen 9 times out of 10.

Maybe people who have played the game and know plenty of other veterans would know if its a valid tactic? Why would the big boys use it, and not the people you know? I wonder.

Off-topic and false

Quote Nelson when he claimed they were, and if they were infact for RP purposes then we shouldn’t have this problem in the first place, because they wouldn’t have their own inventories.

1 Like

This is directed to both you and lance, and pretty much everyone else, since the validity of “I saw someone abuse it” vs “I have never seen anyone do this” can’t actually be proven unless one of you have a actual video of someone obviously logging out and returning under a different name and then showing that its the same steam account, just stop arguing that point. The fact of the matter is that the possibility of a exploit is there, and the majority of people recognize this and want the possible exploit fixed, see Yarrrr’s main vote for proof.

The main problem I see preventing nelson from doing this is people saying nelson cheated them if he removes it, and demanding a refund. I don’t see any way around this, and I doubt some people in the playerbase (the tryhard children using this exploit that may-or-may-not exist) would be mature enough to handle a rollback like that.

Which is exactly why I said this

1. If Nelson wants to live up to his promise of gold offering unfair alt characters then he should make it clear Unturned is not “free” but rather “free-to-play”

2. Otherwise, Nelson could live up to his promise that the game is completely free and fair and remove the unfair alt characters.

Not like I care anyway. 4.0 hopefully wont have P2W shenanigans like this and I wont bat 3.0 an eye.

1 Like

The way you portay it just makes it look like if it was a big issue, not allowing players to have a decent experience, or even a playable one. You’re the one here complaining about the game being marked as ‘‘free’’ like if it was a lie.

How is that even P2W anyways ? Gold doesn’t give you any super abilities, aside from that there literally isn’t any core objective in the game that the DLC could help you with. The only thing you have is extra storage and that’s about it, out of the millions of players that own the game how many of those have Gold ? And out of all those who have it, how many exploit it like you make it sound ?

3 Likes

And what is there to even win in this game.

2 Likes

I’m only voting no because I like having cosmetic loudouts. If it ends up being that the different characters are different cosmetic loudouts I’d vote yes.

1 Like

Simply because you don’t notice you’re up against someone using an alt doesn’t mean you are not. You never know if you’re fighting an alt and never know if you’re at the unfair advantage. Had they not had an alt, they would not have had the EXP and items to fight you and possibly kill you.

It IS a lie.

The core objective of the game is survival. P2W doesn’t always mean it quite literally helps you “win”, it merely means you gain an advantage (big or small) through paying the game or a server. Everyone here is arguing that the advantage is small, but as @anon67155151 has said

The point is that it exists and using it as an advantage is possible. Under this logic you shouldn’t care if its incredibly OP or incredibly subtle, its still unfair for free players, and even other fellow Gold players that simply don’t take advantage of it.

I named three use cases of the Gold Upgrade in this Does the Unturned Gold Upgrade give an advantage to players? - Online Poll - StrawPoll

Refer to above logic

Refer to above logic

That has nothing to do with the vote. By voting no you completely deny that it is an advantage to blend in with the terrain or have unraidable vaults. The vote I made were merely to see what % of people even acknowledge it, not what you want gold to be.

1 Like

If there wasn’t any context to my poll choices:

• Yes - I agree for the removal of inventory privileges of multiple characters and they should share the same inventory.
  • No - I disagree with this suggestion. Multiple characters should have independent inventories, and should stay that way since it was introduced.

Why you should agree:

• Potential to implement new features such as cosmetic loadout options in the game.
  • Prevent exploits (Inventory related).
  • DLC will stay true to its purpose as an extended customization pack.

Why you should disagree:

• Being out for >4 years, all issues behind it seems of low concern to the developer and the community. Said issues can already be replicated without Gold. Topic has been discussed multiple times with no significant outcome to the game.
  • May be ‘morally wrong’ to change a purchase people spent on (Regardless of the user’s reasons for purchase)
  • Preserves the purpose of allowing different character saves in the same server/map, for personal interest.
  • If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. It’s a feature and not a bug. yes
5 Likes

How is it off topic? You mentioned having hours actually counts for something. Also, it’s not false, people have literally said you’ve idled the game. Even if you did put over 6k hours on some block game instead of idling, that’s just as sad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.