The Golden Age of the Internet

Take on more staff members and organize them to insure different times and sections of the site are monitored, as any large community would do.

Highlight the text you want to quote then click “Quote” (or something like that, my screen says Citar)

5 Likes

Thanks Harvest.

3 Likes

11 Likes

One thing that will always sort of annoy me is that I never really got to truly experience those OG community driven forums back in the day, only maybe got a gist of them towards the end of the old Internet era, since I was too young and I was in a country which was not really involved in the online medium. My initiation in the whole Internet world was through Facebook and YouTube post its purchase by Google. Although I have to admit, I’m not sure to which extent, but these forums have kind of given me a similar feeling to what I think would go on back in the day. Just a bunch of sad losers talking about a video game, where for the most part everyone knows everyone. Quite a special feeling, and if the Internet’s only way of escaping all the corporatism threatening it is some kind of “Internet II”, then I am not sure if anything will ever even be able to come close to the feeling of belonging one can get being in their own little group online. It’s not like all of these are extinct now, granted, but whatever the Internet was before 2010… was something else.

5 Likes

Nelson (And us staff) would seek to recruit more moderators to manage the community in case the forum (Or UII community as a whole) grew to a pretty large and more active state.

However if it happen to be very manageable despite the size then extra staff is less of a priority (But still a vacant position). After all, the top of the community (Regs) would be able to help out with the available tools accessible to them (Report/edit post functions) to make it easier to track down bad content or behaviour.

8 Likes

You are right.I have to agree that i did post memes but i also did suggestions.You are right about me hating the people that don’t contribute in a way to the development of the game.It’s a build-up of frustration because ,through all the years i have been playing the game for, I have heard so many complaints about the game, but no sollutions and I love this game so much I feel the need to protect its reputation at all times.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is literally Nelson and I both having nostalgia for the internet of the 2000s.

1 Like

One thing I’ve learned over the years is: you should be most critical of the things you love the most. The games and movies I hold dearest to my heart are also the games and movies I absolutely tear to shreds and over-analyze. You don’t need to protect unturneds reputation, you should just do what you feel you should do to contribute to the game and its community and let it speak for itself.

5 Likes