The grass looks ugly

I dont have the demo but what i have seen from videos of 4.0 the grass looks horrible to be honest. It being only 1 color, the blades of grass being huge and the lack of shadows on the grass makes the grass look like a green mountain range of some sort.

1 Like

You said it, ‘‘demo’’.

10 Likes

Quickly hopping in-game, I’m fairly certain there’s shadows on the grass. At the very least, grass casts a shadow on the ground, other objects (including players) cast shadows onto the grass, and I can pick out individual strains of grass at far distances just fine (which wouldn’t be possible if they weren’t casting shadows).

Obviously, watching a video is going to make that harder to pick out. That applies to lots of various details in various games and other things. Some things just don’t translate well. Video compression, upscaled resolution, or just poor resolution options for the video will make it difficult to view.

9 Likes

I have the demo and the grass looks fine especially with shadows. To be honest if it has off colored grass strands, outlines or other things the grassland will look really ugly.

But yes it’s a demo, he added grass just to showcase us what he made it to look like but it is not the final product.

14 Likes

I’m sure it’s going to be fixed, if needed.

My computer would become an oven if I turn shading for each individual blade of grass.
Even with all my settings on low, I still have 40fps

i dont have the demo but i think it looks great, im more interested in the anti aliasing anyway

1 Like

It does look nice, but it needs a good PC. I have a decent PC, and it runs at 15-20fps with medium settings

1 Like

i just hope theres a setting to optimize grass for lower end pcs

There is, but there’s probably other things that make the game lag.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.