The next 3.0 update?

So, in the next update to 3.0, Nelson is going to rework the unity assets system thing, right?

Doesn’t that mean hundreds, maybe thousands of mods will be broken?

What about the thousands of mods that aren’t updated anymore.

What about the maps?..

I’m worried this update may be the best and worst thing to happen to 3.x

Update might be Friday. And also, he gave enough time for those mods to be updated so if we see a cry baby. Ignore them

waitwhathappend

nelson is gonna update the engine?

ahhhhhhhhhhh shiet

Frankly, if anything, this is a test to every true modder out there.

Those who fail disappear, those who succeed have a massive headstart in the new face of the modding scene.

I personally love it, especially since the really dedicated ones have planned and prepared weeks or even over a month in advance.

7 Likes

Well. A few mods I use are no longer updated T-T. Just hope they will decide to fix some of it. I dunno.

If anything, it’s a huge quality control thing since 99% of the really bad mods out there are no longer updated, nor do the creators actually know what they’re even doing.

I’m clearly biased on that topic as you can probably tell, but you can’t tell me this isn’t going to wipe out a ton of stale, low quality mods. In addition to the obvious benefits of the update itself.

1 Like

No just moving to a more efficient engine. Also has the benefit of removing old dead mods.

To answer @Aj_Gaming questions, yeah? What about me? Most mods don’t take long at all to make. Oh and all of the maps, if they don’t have custom content (99.99% of maps don’t) then it’s not an issue. If they do have custom assets (Like Ireland) then they might not be updated and thus broken. I doubt a map like Ireland will be updated due to the fact that a few of the devs don’t dev for Unturned anymore. Bunker won’t be updated either, Danaby doesn’t have the files anymore.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

There’s nothing but upsides here - you’re killing two birds with one stone.

1 Like

B-b-b…but, what about bunker arena? Or-r-r the epicness of Ireland?

Also.

Bunker arena is kinda doo doo… I did offer to dan to datamine all the assets and master bundle them for him and then it would be updates, oh and the whole crashing bit, no they just wouldn’t appere in game.

For any modder that still has all their assets updating would be easy.

Hell, my mammoth truck mod would actually be faster to update now than it was before thanks to the new master bundle system.

The new masterbundle system also means bye-bye server modpacks that steal content.

2 Likes

yo so is SPI still gonna work or are all the object packs going to dissapear :sweat_smile:

Every mod on workshop that won’t be updated will be broken after unity 2017 update.

I am genuinely hyped for this update. From a modding perspective there is nothing better than seeing almost all of the bad mods go right out the door. I haven’t even been able to look at the frontpage of the workshop recently because it’s all just tank mods someone stole from sketchfab. This truly is a renaissance.

Yeah that’s why I said I would send you rekindled stuff, tho a lot might not work anymore t-t

The engine update will infact wipe out a huge portion of mods, but it’s worth it for efficiency.

2 Likes

What about the fact th those mods will stay there… Forever… And ever.

They can probably get wiped

1 Like

I’ll take your word on it.