The posibility of turning gameplay features on/off

Not going to make a big thing of this, just wannt to know what everyone else thinks

So I think its a good thing to give players the freedom of choosing if they wannt to play with. f.eg. hit markers on/off or if they wannt to have foliage turned on or not, the problem is that then everyone might not be on the same playing field. One of my solutions on this is to have the settings be decided by the server (alredy made a similar post about this idea called “The server deciding your graphic settings”)

But what do you think, is it a good idea to let people choose what features they wannt to play with?

• Give people the option to choose
  • Having everything as it is without the posibility to toggle on/off

0 voters

Comment why you think so and ideas on how to have the same playing field for everyone

3 Likes

Soooo… Basically you’re suggesting to keep the same sort of settings already existing in 3.0?

I mean, is by far doable, but understand that UII will be far improved, and features like always grass as default is a part of it.

Arbitrarily enabling these sort of things that are (or nearly) confirmed to be gone in vanilla should be a workshop thing.

I hope that there will be atleast extensive server settings, allowing you to turn off/on certain features, maybe tweak bulletdrop etc (for example change it to realistic or paintball values)
It would be a pain to rely on mod’s to tweak the core game settings and I would rather just see extensive tweaking allready implemented. (Like the discussion on 3rd person) A lot of people would be mad it was removed or happy, would just be better to have it as an option with diverse things to toggle on/off (Like zoom in without line of sight in 3rd) . I agree that grass should be forced though.
I just don’t want it to be restrictive, the main reason normal survival is dead in Unturned 3.x is not because of rocket or custom server settings, no it’s because there is simply not enough to do/not enough challenge.

1 Like

I do agree with improved extensive server settings, which could allow deeper game adjustments and is way too general in 3.0.

I just meant involving workshop for these features/settings that won’t be supported in vanilla for balance, performance and/or aesthetics reasons (like disabling grass). I agree these other features that aren’t yet confirmed and/or need fixing for the new game (such as 3rd person) could be enabled/disabled/tweaked on vanilla by default.

Other highly polemic adjustments I’d like to see as workshop stuff would be hitmarkers, ammo counters and such extra HUD stuff, as I expect minimalistic HUD on vanilla as part of the new hardcore survival experience.

1 Like

Yep, I believe unturned || will allow full modding capability, I could probably import my own character model and animations with enough work. Add helicopters before helicopters are in the base game… etc

I believe this game will carry on longer than 3.x, but in the end the “community” will be split. Probably end up with a lot more survival focused servers than 3.x, but there will probably be a lot of battlefield style server aswell. Someone will probably import battlefield style modes etc into the game. There will probably also be a lot of graphical mods for this game aswell. Because of more extensive modding features, I believe this game will carry on a lot longer as well. “Hopefully” with a more mature audience.

4 Likes

That is what keeps games alive,the community.That’s why games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. carry on till this day.

So,amen to everything you said.

1 Like

Not entirely sure why anyone would want to force other players to play under certain settings, but if its about the whole low graphics give advantages situations they could just allow servers to set minimum graphic requirements.

Bulletdrop should be on or off, I don’t want to have to relearn the bulletdrop each time. I do agree with being able to fully tweak your server to your prefrences though.

Hmm I hope the bullet drop will be realistic in unturned ||. Would be dumb to play paintball again. Rocket launchers like an RPG should not drop that much. A sniper should atleast have 500m of effective range.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.