The subtle problem of Abuse - Official Servers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchy101/comments/cop1nw/how_to_deal_with_the_tyranny_of_the_majority/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

A few ideas:

• Localised consensus voting
  • Super-majority voting (60/70%)
  • Literally nothing, the people are not so shitty that we need to have tyranny of the minority in order to avoid tyranny of the majority.

EDIT: Ironic that you’re scared of “tyranny of the majority” yet UTO held “elections”. Furthermore if you want a tryanny of the minority instead, then I guess we should uphold my ideas on Official Servers and not have them.

It seems like all you do is go around my posts shitposting and saying how unproductive and stupid I am, which in itself is unproductive. why aren’t you blocked lol

I think @anon24515308 successfully dug the grave and put your comment in, so there seemingly is no need to reply. thanks Harvest for sparing me the time. I’ve been busy lately. :heart:

I’ve suggested the Observatory system. I’ve also suggested many other things among keeping the entire system transparent, and strict guidelines, and if said moderators don’t meet those guidelines they should be removed quickly.

I mean really a perfect solution would be no humans. What I want is no abuse of power, which is pretty hard when one small group owns so much of it.

Really, when you couple my other two arguments against Official Servers, it just makes it seem like a terrible idea all-around. I might have to make a 4th one at this point, with a new case.

Or just, scrap it?

2 Likes

Not to mention he has literally no idea what commands admins will even have access to. It might be as simple a /ban /kick only. Maybe the ban command isnt even a permanent ban. Literally who knows. His whole argument is based on hypothetical drivel. Also its ironic that he’d call official servers a paywall while simultaneously calling community servers P2W garbage, and then say he doesn’t want official servers and would rather have his community P2W garbage. It literally all just boils down to Rain not liking anything that has to be paid for.

8 Likes

I’m assuming that any mention of the “observatory” idea will be implemented as close to the CS:GO one as possible. Rain did mention a few ways to make it so that as little information as possible would be given in circumstances where someone was being watched over to check if they were cheating. No idea whatsoever on how that stuff would work though.

Well, my view on it would only work if there were a ton of official servers running the same map. Disable anything cosmetic, hide any and all player information other than cosmetics, and don’t let people know what server the events took place on. Maybe remove insignificant objects from recorded videos too.

Imagine a staff member catching hackers with only /ban and /kick. Meanwhile my mod perms look like

<Group>
  <Id>offmod</Id>
  <DisplayName>offmod</DisplayName>
  <Prefix />
  <Suffix />
  <Color>#FFFFFF</Color>
  <Members>
    <Member>76561198299064979</Member>
    <Member>76561198101719294</Member>
    <Member>76561198411220431</Member>
    <Member>76561194116253135</Member>
    <Member>76561198149274098</Member>
    <Member>76561198153550832</Member>
    <Member>76561198097023563</Member>
    <Member>76561198323968506</Member>
  </Members>
  <Priority>100</Priority>
  <Permissions>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">duty</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">duty.mod</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">camera</Permission>
  </Permissions>
</Group>
<Group>
  <Id>mod</Id>
  <DisplayName>mod</DisplayName>
  <Prefix />
  <Suffix />
  <Color>#FF8700</Color>
  <Members />
  <Priority>100</Priority>
  <Permissions>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">broadcast</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">kick</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">tp</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">god</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">vanish</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">spy</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">ban</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">checkowner</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">tphere</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">pos</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">heal</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">duty</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">duty.mod</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">kit.staff</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">kit</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.ascend</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.descend</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.clearinventory</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.freeze</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.unfreeze</Permission>
    <Permission Cooldown="0">essentials.command.jump</Permission>
  </Permissions>
</Group>

Sorta funny that 6 people agreed you only need /ban /kick. Assuming they didn’t like for the off-topic nonsense.

Explained much in-depth earlier in this post.

And thats basically what I suggested. Coupled with my replays idea

Not everything valuable can be scrapped. Vaults, Explosives, Etc. Even then you throw the scraps away, and someone may pick it up. /shrug.

Do /teleport 10000000 10000000 100000 and drop it there.

Why not just add in a special delete feature for removing items? Sort of like what Minecraft has in creative.

1 Like

Or, we could have prevented the entire dilemma by simply doing what I suggested earlier, before people came in to shitpost and go off-topic.

simply doing it with a plugin would be way easier.

player dies

the loot they drop is logged

if their death was ruled to be a server/game bug, then it gets auto-restored, possibly on-command like a kit, incase they have stuff in their inventory again

or if the code also rules that the death was a bug automatically, it just gives them their stuff back instantly on the spot after they spawn

1 Like

<Permission Cooldown="0">camera</Permission>
I liek how your “offmod” group has the ability to use camera mode

Still, it’s a good alternative if that’s not possible/added
because we are talking about a future game, and comparing it’s prequel with UII

Edit: besides, my idea works in UI currently

Maybe that means people agree with what he is saying?

2 Likes

The “Camera” plugin, incase you didn’t know (since you clearly dont) only checks for the permissions as soon as you join, as once you join a server you either do or dont have admin camera. So if we put it in on-duty perms, then when you join you wouldn’t have admin camera, and even if you did /duty you still wouldn’t have it.

At this point I think you’re just doing personal attacks just to shit on me, even though you have no idea what you’re talking about.

EDIT: And the justification for the need of Admin Camera is to search for glitch bases much easier. Otherwise staff would have to teleport to individual coordinates, which they dont know what the coordinates are for what they want to TP to, which is a big mess and didn’t work out.

Admins could manually spawn things in, slowly, and annoyingly. It will just lead to much abuse. I never play a server where staff can spawn anything, such as experience, items, vehicles, etc. Even if they use an excuse like “its for admin events!” or whatever they come up with.

So they agree that you only need /ban and /kick to search for hackers? Try running your own 3.0 server while doing that, and see how far you get.

But you cant, because /ban and /kick aren’t commands used to finding cheaters, they’re used for punishing them. Thats like using a police baton to analyze DNA. What are you on?

Obviously there would be spectate to watch. But I wouldnt call that a command. I dont understand why you think admins will get to do crazy things like spawn items endlessly or have godmode or even a teleport command. Its not necessary. And if you’re going to say “spectate wont catch hacks” then frankly nothing will catch your hacks.

What Effectism said here:

wasn’t ment to say that there will be only those two commands, but that it is entirely unknown to which extent admins will have power.

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty ridiculous that this thread is still going on, considering that:

So how about we stop assuming shit that isn’t anywhere near confirmed and is still far off in the future.

3 Likes

Please refrain from making polls about whether or not a thread should be locked. As long as there’s still relevant discussion going on in the thread, it typically doesn’t need to be closed.

If you feel that the discussion is not going anywhere, or that people are not respecting your discussion points, then I suggest either exiting the topic or not replying to the specific individual.

2 Likes

220 posts later nobody has really suggested a true final solution. Any ideas?

Also, there have been many good individual suggestions on here. Maybe if we combine some of them they could work better?

None of what I am “scared of” according to you matters. That server is expressly built for the community, so tyranny by majority is an accaptable risk.

No, I really don’t want that either.

Not gonna work like that chief

“How to deal with criticism 101”.
I can somewhat identify your ideas as noble, but at the end of the day servers, especially officicial ones, are hosted for the community, and not fringe groups like you, your “comrades”, RA or whatever you want to call it. People just want to play their game in peace.

Sounds like a plan to me, basically CG:GO style Overwatch.

That would be neat, even in 3.X

That is nice, if it works. At the end of the day I’d feel much more comfortable having an actual human being to talk to in case of unforseen circumstances/absse/flase flags and so on.

This works suprisingly well, if you know what you are doing.

/thread

I’d say basically all of the viable and some of the non-viable ideas have aready been dropped and sometimes even debated.

1 Like

Ummmm…

4 Likes