Time craft

When you craft, you have to wait a certain amout of time based on the item size/amout of parts needed.
The crafting can be faster by simply upgrading the already existing crafting skill. Sorry for bad english please don’t hate

6 Likes

i press the option “hate”

its a good idea, stop hating everything that you consider a slight disadvantage to you.

3 Likes

waiting is really boring. There has to be a better solution than a timer that ticks down

4 Likes

waiting for something to craft is good, makes it so you cant instantly craft an entire house.

It would be prefferable if you could still do stuff while it crafts int he background, liek 7 days to die, but yeah

2 Likes

woo hoo i love waiting in a video game, i mean thats how its done in real life! we cant just have features added to the game to enhance gameplay because that would be unrealistic! i say we also add a feature where before you build a house you have to buy land and ask for permission from the government, that would be really fun and enjoyable!

9 Likes

Hence why I said do it like 7 days to die.

1 Like

ive never played that game

then play it.

Basically, you can start crafting stuff, and then you can work on other things while it does that, you can murder zombies with one club while crafting another, build a house while making arrows, ect ect.

Basically, the only disadvantage on you that there is, is that it takes time.

1 Like

It should take like a second or two. But you should be able to do stuff while crafting.

2 Likes

I still dont see any gameplay advantage to this, it dosent make unturned more fun or challenging in any way.

1 Like

it makes it more interesting for 1, and 2, it does make it more challenging. What if you run out of say Ammo, and you need to craft more and theres a horde of zombies surrounding you. If you can refill stuff instantly, then you have a better chance of survival, while with timers, it takes longer, and you will probably die

1 Like

thank you for explaining how it makes the game interesting, i can really see your argument

And as for making it challenging, i have to disagree with you. It would just make it more frustrating because you would die not because of your skill, but because of some artifical blockade placed in front of you. It would end up like the clothing on carpat, which was made with smaller storage space to make the map more difficult but ended up making it more annoying than hard.

1 Like

I can only see this happening if the timer is a few seconds or less in-case you want to cancel through mass crafting. The other reason is to inhibit players from crafting efficiently without a proper crafting station/tool

Otherwise, crafting should be instantaneous for the most part.

1 Like

naw, it punishes you for not planing ahead.

You could have crafted more ammo when you had a chance, yet you didnt.

You get punished for it.

ect ect. yada yada.

1 Like

I think the maximum should be a 1 second timer so you can’t just spam click to make 300 landmines

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to spam click to craft multiple items because that is something that doesn’t cause anything but annoyance and inconvenience, (which, as danaby implied is bad.) But with the ability to “craft all” or set a number of items to be crafted comes the annoyance of accidentally crafting more than you intended to. If there’s a delay before crafting is finished, the player has an additional chance to catch their mistake and cancel some of the items in the crafting queue, (as Yarrr pointed out.) There shouldn’t be a fixed maximum or minimum amount of time that any item can take to craft, but there should be an appropriate amount of time for each item. Forging nails should take a short amount of time, compared to crafting a makeshift car frame, not only for balance reasons, but because accidentally crafting twice as many nails as you needed is a lot less of a nuisance than crafting twice as many cars as you needed.

1 Like

Your thinking my way, I want things to take time to build such and a blueprint for the building aspect where it also takes time to be built,

1 Like

well he gave me the option so i can choose right

there is already a craft all button called ctrl click