Today's weapons

Well, currently the United States is choosing the new standard rifle that should be given to the army as of the end of 2022, something that I found interesting would be that when an important new weapon is launched it would be interesting to have a candle being applied in Unturned II, obviously along with new mechanics something to note is that the army also wants to change the 556 for 6.8, that is, new ammunition too, I hope that Unturned II will be “cleaner” in terms of the amount of weapons available, I hope to see classic weapons AK47, M4, Desert Eagle etc, but not weapons that are added just for adding although it may contradict this post.

3 Likes

Well this depends on whether the game is set in the US or in Canadaria, judging by the information on the wiki it is set in Canada,which is not affected by American decisions to change ammo or rifle. However if NATO changes its caliber to 6.8 then yes Americas Hat might have to use 6.8 as well. However currently it is unlikely that the change will occur, quickly at least. It will take at least 5-6 years(in my opinion).
Also i hope that in addition to classic gun gun used by the canadians in the past are also seen, like the lee enfield the, the Canadian FAL, the SW 5946(in use with the RCMP), The browning HP one of the standard guns of the canadian military, the sig p226, various revolvers in .38spl and .357 mag(and .44), alongside the usual array of hunting and sporting arms.

2 Likes

I also doubt that the M4 will no longer be used, as you said the current NATO standard is 556, it is not so simple to get all the factories in the world to start reducing the production of 556 and increasing that of 6.8, in terms of the unturned location will have several maps around the world, but the initial maps will be based in Canada.
@The_Futurist

1 Like

I am calling it now, Sig will win.

1 Like

The start of the replacement is scheduled for the end of 2022, sig is already producing the army pistols that can change caliber, it would be interesting to see this system in Unturned II
@DeusExMachina

I can say confidently that Unturned II will not be set exclusively in Canada. Also since the game already features an M4, I don’t see why a new American standard rifle wouldn’t be included in the game in some way.

3 Likes

I don’t know…adding “real” guns into the game sounds vague to me.

@anonimoanbu
I’d like to see this with US weapons, to be honest. Also, is there an article for this?

1 Like

Yes, procurement is already fellating Sig. Big part of the reason they’ll win.

1 Like

Sig? wait so Sig is making a new gun?

1 Like

Sig is one of the contenders, yes. There is currently a contest underway to replace the M4A1s and M249s called the “Next Generation Squad Weapon” or NGSW for short. Not gonna lie some of those scopes look fancy plus 6.8 is close enough to 6.5 to get me going.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.