Turned Players

When a player gets killed by the turned or die to the infection, they should fall to ground and drop the item they had equiped (example: rifle or knife). After a certain time, lets say 1 minute or so, the dead player will then come back as a turned and will from then on be controlled by AI and basically behave like any other turned. The turned would wear the same clothes and still have every item besides the dropped one. When killing the turned, players can loot it as someone would loot a normal player.

Edit: apperantly this has already been confirmed in the trello roadmap. F

10 Likes

mhm https://trello.com/c/MXqbVIzb/113-zombies

4 Likes

eh yikes…

eh its okay man most people do post wants on the trello all tho they already know it’s there :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Still a great idea, even if its already been suggested

1 Like

That idea, I think, is already confirmed. BUT, and if, depending on where the player dies (for example in a deadzone), the turn of the player becomes another variety of turned, which was present in the game, as a mutant turned.

1 Like

Good idea, just if you don’t reach the loot in time does that mean that I will be deleted or if the infected gets killed will it die like if it was a normal player

1 Like

Yes. Good :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Just btw, the SDG Wiki’s Upcoming Features page is a much more comprehensive and reliable source (though it doesn’t show things that are currently implemented, for that you’d want to see one of the Patches articles).
https://wiki.smartlydressedgames.com/wiki/Upcoming_features

The UII Wishlist is somewhat outdated, not to mention made obsolete by the actual UII Roadmap.

4 Likes

thanks for the info

1 Like

Actually, It should drop everything in the equipped slot… Makes sense, no?

1 Like

i think that When people die they will drop the thing equipped but also it might be that once they turn their stuff will be useless since its now infected and pretty useless cause maybe your radiation will start to decay since thats now infected clothing same as the food but i dont know what would happen to the mags. Probably the same thing

Well, what I thought was that they were taken over by AI and basically became a normal or special zombie, dropping the items of the previous user when killed. For example, if you died while having an Alicepack and 2 MREs in your inventory, when somebody kills your turned variant (Not controlled by you) it would drop that Alicepack and 2 MREs.

Remember this is speculation not something i cant confirm anything since i dont work for him or dont even have the Beta so Yea its just something that i think should be made like that but other people always beat me with a better system XD

Fair enough :ouch:

I mean, it would be cool if you died and became a mega zombie though… :griefer:

No Pls no imagine dying in your base and you respawn and hes right there, boom and endless circle of death

Oh, good point. Maybe your body would become a turned player only if there’s nobody nearby after 3-5 minutes? But the problem is, if it doesn’t become a turned player how would you regain your loot after dying? I guess you could implement a feature that would change body looting into holding F to “salvage”, and making it “search” the body. Kind of like PUBG where you drop a crate-like object, but with the ragdoll object itself. However, this does become a problem because the ragdoll in-game appears differently, accordingly. Say, if you had the flight perk the ragdoll would end up quite farther away than where it would appear to someone else. Furthermore, the ragdoll isn’t even defined as solid, or a physical, in-game object. Ideas?

you will loot dead bodies, and btw yall, it is planned for players to resurrect as zombies…

but you have to die BY a turned to become one.

1 Like

Okay, that does make a lot more sense. But does it comply with everything we said above? How will other players collect the loot in that case?

Kill the zombie…