Unreal engine 4 almost confirmed

There are arguments for both. Neither one is “better”, especially when you think about how the switch to a different engine will work (improving on an old, familiar engine vs learning a new engine)

Unity isn’t necessarily older, they’re both pretty well managed by their devs. I’d be content if Unreal had mod support and ability for plugins, but I thought the whole idea of going to 4.0 was progressing not taking a step back.

Eh, I more or less meant “older” as in that’s what Unturned has been using for most of its life.

Unturned will take a step back to be able to take a few steps forward.

Tbh it’s not that wildly different anyways. The main (and most obvious) difference is using C++ primarily, which is more-or-less similar to C# since they’re both part of the same family and origin (for the most part).

If anything, some people would consider switching to C++ a step forward. Kinda a preference thing, but also there’s the actual differences between the two, too, of course.

In the new Devlog that just came out -
https://blog.smartlydressedgames.com/unturned-4-x-devlog-001/

Nelson included some videos with the taskbar on. Might any of these

Be the icon for the new platform?

We already knew that he was working with Unreal.

No need to necro a post with information we already have. Although to answer your question, the current active window (highlighted in light gray) is indeed the Unreal Engine 4 logo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.