Unturned 2 character suggestions [Polls]

Suggestion 1: If difficulties like easy, normal and hard get carried on in Unturned 2, it would be cool if there was a setting for getting shot in the leg would cause you to break a bone so you would limp and to be able to set a percent of that actually happening, like by default on easy there would be no chance of that happening, normal there would be like 50% chance of it happening if you got shot in the leg, hard would be a 97.5% of that happening if you got shot in the leg.
Additional suggestion: If the suggestion above was to be added, it would in my opinion be nice if there was a setting that is always by default disabled in which if you got show in both legs, you would be forced to crawl until you healed yourself.
Suggestion 2: Character would react to how much health you have left so the players looking at you can figure out in what status you are. The character wouldn’t literally make noise rather it would be shaking if it had low health, a little bend down and acting uneasy like small details.

Vote:
Poll: Suggestion 1

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

Poll: Additional suggestion

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • I disagree on both

0 voters

Poll: Suggestion 2

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

6 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

Null option?

3 Likes

The problem I see with the leg breaking is that it would become old very, very quickly. Imagine you and I get into a firefight. You win, but one single shot from my weapon managed to break your leg. You now have to stop and apply a splint, or limp all the way back home, both of which increases your chances of being ambushed and killed. This will encourage people to be more reserved, and, for lack of a better sounding word, to camp.

Now, I’m not saying that camping is always bad, I’m just saying that by promoting a playstyle where everyone waits for things to come to them, the end result is that nobody takes the initiative and nobody has fun in PvP because everyone is sitting in a corner waiting for someone to appear in their sights.

Keep in mind the audience that this game will be catered to, mostly towards casual weekend warriors who play the game after school, not dedicated hardcore gamers who grind for days on end. By including this as a default setting in normal difficulty, what type of message are you trying to send?

As such, I believe that if such a suggestion were to be implemented, it would best be suited in only the most extreme of difficulties as a setting for server managers to decide.

I’d rather shots be able to apply debuffs depending on where they hit.

If you get shot in the leg, it’ll reduce your speed scaling with the damage dealt. (IE if someone shoots you for 15 HP in the leg you move 15% slower for 10-15 seconds.) If you get shot in the other leg while the debuff is still present, you fall prone and have to get back up, which would be jarring and would ruin your aim.

If you get shot in the arm, your accuracy and melee swing/damage will decrease. If you get shot in both arms quickly same as legs, you drop your equipped weapon.

Perhaps getting shot in the general chest/lung area will instantly get rid of all your oxygen for steadying. (assuming oxygen for use with steadying scopes works the same way it does now)

Project zomboid or RL craft like health system (seperate bodyparts, each have a set amount of health and stat/attributes applied to them)
My leg is at 25% health but my torso is at 100% - that kind of thing

1 Like

I agree with that kind of separated health system, but another thing.

RLCraft.

We do not speak of those horrors.

4 Likes

Now come on, RLCraft’s easy. I don’t know what you’re complaining about. @Aden

RLCraft in VR :eyes:

distant screaming

I really don’t like chance being involved here. It’s really bad game design when stuff like this is left to chance since it adds unneeded RNG to combat.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the “forced-into-crawling” additional suggestion, It’s kind of already pushing what’s fun/fair and what’s RNG. It would be so easy to shoot someone’s legs with an SMG, or a weapon with high spread, and then they’re fucked because they can’t escape.

1 Like

Everyone is complaining about RNG, while RNG isn’t fun sometimes, we are already in hands of RNG when we are playing on custom servers in unturned 3.0.
Take example the has Magazine_Bullets_Full_Chance or no, take Has_Battery_Chance for example, it depends on which difficulty it is set but also can be changed manual by owner/singleplayer settings
Easy: “Has_Battery_Chance”: 1.0
Normal: “Has_Battery_Chance”: 0.8
Hard: “Has_Battery_Chance”: 0.25
When I was writing this suggestions, it was in my idea of atleast having it there, for those that wanted to make a realistic experience, even if it was never used because it was unfair. One server that utilises alot of settings you normally wouldn’t see being touched is Escape from Unturnov server (If you don’t know what it is, you can find youtubers playing it on youtube)
This isn’t important but I think Arena compactor speeds are touched rarely but yet, it’s still there. It never hurts to have it.

But that’s a terrible comparison. RNG in looting is far different from RNG in combat.

There is such a big difference between finding a car that happens to be missing a wheel vs having your leg not break and therefore allowing you to retain your mobility and win a fight - or the other way around, solely based on chance.

You can always stay in cover and hide your legs then, also im sure “Allow_Instakill_Headshots” is so much more fair then having an option to be forced into crawl. Like if “Allow_Instakill_Headshots” why wouldn’t there exist for being forced into prone option or something similar, I just don’t get it!

That doesn’t justify anything wrong with the idea.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.