Unturned anniversary! – Building contest submissions

Thank you for participating; submissions are now closed, and all winners have been contacted.
Thank you all for playing Unturned. Happy 7th Anniversary!

This is the submission thread for the base building anniversary contest! Review the contest announcement for more details.

Any submission that fails to adhere to the guidelines, and is not posted in this dedicated submissions thread, will not be considered a valid submission!

Rules and guidelines

The rules and submission guidelines are simple:

• Only one entry per person!
  • Submission is uploaded as an image, such as a PNG or JPG.
  • The image should show an in-game base.
  • Must be your own work – not someone else’s build.
  • Entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread.
  • The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, on July 9, 2021.

Only submissions are permitted in this topic. Off-topic replies will be removed!

12 Likes

Built it back in January so all that I have left of the original are just a couple of screenshots (this is the only really good one showcasing the entire thing)
All materials for it were gathered by hand without any cheats on a multiplayer server, although bricks were crafted thanks to the more farming mod

6 Likes

Here’s what I made. It is a PvP base built on a hill. Every time my friends wanted to settle someplace, they asked me to build this, because it is simple, yet really efficient. You can locate your enemy safely behind the one way glass, and when you are ready to fight, open one of the shutters and shoot.
The shutters are placed inwards, so they do not block your view when you open them! You can also put a couple of mannequins to distract your enemy.

Worried someone might camp you on your way out? No worries, there is a metal hatch at each corner so you can check your exit before going out.

And since it is on a hill, might as well make it stand out with some torches!

2 Likes

11 Likes

it ain’t much but it’s honest work also it protects

11 Likes

here is a 2.0 base for some variation

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unturned anniversary! – Contest announcement

my 2016 ultimate invisible base (sus)

/s

or maybe my totally legit 2 story base on devtest

/s

I wish I had a better angle, like an admin noclip cam shot of it, but I do not have that :frowning:

The base on the right is a ton of 1x1 cubicles with no discerning differences between each one, to make it harder for raiders to guess which has the loot. The four corner towers also had tons of rifle racks of emergency guns.

The one on the left is a well-reinforced tower with walls surrounding it, but providing grass inside for pump-jacks and growing plants. Here is a more detailed re-constructed model of it

maybe I recreate it and then post a better picture idk lol

1 Like

7 Likes

Simple, yet comfy

Music to play with picture: Club Penguin - Honolulu Honey (Winter Luau) - YouTube
(EDIT: Mod used in the build was the Creator Tools mod to hold the Soda)

1 Like

here my beautiful base i built in russia single player

1 Like

Hawaii Base at Sunset (Or sunrise, i don’t remember)

2 Likes

Workshop Mods used:
[METAL] Building Assets by roll4charm
Furniture Expansion
Creator Tools
More Farming Mod

4 Likes

i didnt go for the try hard pvp looking basses, i choose a more nicer approach

general view of the whole bottom floor

the chill zone xd (zoom in to see the cool details)

unturned gaming with new mouse and key bored setup

( i could have added more kitchen details but i did not want to miss the event)
check out how the cooler bubbles too

after a hard day of work, there aint nothing like singing a country sing (if you look close enough you could see the mic)

pov up

in the bathroom (spilled some water on the right)

uhhh…

at the doctor ): (ligma)

techno floor (you need an access code)

we sadly have to invent new weaponry to get ready for the war

benson bexton is in the base, gear up boys, we got a blue boy to hunt

aight ill take the sniper, you guys go to the roof and watch for any attacks

i dont see anything for now but if i do, ill call you on the radio

i could have added more details to everything but i was worried that i would run out of time

8 Likes

1 Like

no workshop mod
no builder mode
yes cheat
yes free camera

3 Likes

Wow finally making me dig for a screenshot that I thought I had but it turns out it’s lost forever to the depths of my computer, probably until I plug my flash drive in again 2 years from now and it’ll be sitting there in a super obvious file this whole time. Anyways luckily it got raided (yeah not luckily to that unfortunately), and the raiders were nice enough to record the entire thing and it’s somehow still up. So here’s a screencap of the former DNB base.

First off, having walls are overrated. Why have 4 when you can make 3 and just use the 25% of material you saved making the rest stronger, so it’s built up against the map border just Northeast of Keryev Mine on Russia.

Secondly it houses a central courtyard for easy helicopter access, and to ‘flatten’ the land inside half of it is wooden floors, which I later replaced with Ceiling pieces to create a hollow secret hiding spot which was used for Pumpkin farming (I think one of the admins gave leaders pumpkin seeds as a joke and I managed to get ahold of some)

There were additional expansions made to it before the server got shut down that I’d highlight if I could,(I did this on the single screenshot I took years ago and have forgotten what was done in the years past), but overall it’s just yet another base created during the infancy of 3.0 forever to be lost to the sands of time, but it lives on through stories like these. I’m sure one of the other two or three GZC members who’re still alive can share their memories of the server as well.

4 Likes

Been a longtime player, love the game and spent my childhood on Unturned and Deadzone. Hope you enjoy my build. I went for a cozy resort feel and spent all night on it haha. Thank you SDG for providing me hours upon hours of fun for me and my friends to enjoy. Looking forward to the chef plush and Unturned’s progress. Any critiques and suggestions are welcome. (Ignore the interior of the tower pls lol, got late) I had a great time making this build. Congratulations on 7 years of zombie survival fun!

4 Likes

Hey,
This is my build, I started building It when the contest started, I was kinda rushing it since the deadline was so close. I think It turned out pretty good. Tried to build a luxury mansion on a mountain. It is on the official Germany map, built in singleplayer.

6 Likes