Unturned Black/White screen error

@KingFrog It has been happening since day before yesterday. I believe is it because of the Windows 10 1803 Update? (April 2018 Update) because one of my software called as paint.net crashed and i fixed it by a forum discussing about how to get over with it. It looks like they are blaming the Windows 10 for the .NET Framework or even also C++?

What version of Visual Studio do you have?

@MoltonMontro Visual Studio? I don’t know about it and I don’t even have it I think so. I only have Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable till 2017 edition. I have both the x86 and the x64 due to the fact that my Windows is a 64-bit (x86) Version. So I got to download them. If the Visual Studio is important please send me a link ASAP.

I don’t understand how it is possible to be simultaneously 64-bit and 32-bit. It should be one or the other, as it can’t be both.

If your processor doesn’t support 64-bit, then it shouldn’t be running 64-bit Windows. However, I’m doubtful of your processor not supporting 64-bit because you likely wouldn’t be able to boot your computer up.

@MoltonMontro https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html Scroll down to the end of the page and check at the subtopic [Notes:] Check out this website, you normally require x86 and x64 in order for 64-bit machines to run properly. Not yet sure? Search it around the net, in fact, my PC came along with x86 & x64 Visual C++ Versions. BTW I downloaded the Visual Studio 2017 Edition, I hope so it fixes it otherwise I’m washing my hands off because it’s going too long and I guess none may be able to fix it until SDG Nelson releases Unturned 4.x in near future till then fingers crossed after I install all the packages for Visual Studio 2017.

@MoltonMontro It would be better if you could say which Visual Studio version are you using? I assume 2017 right? It works fine isn’t it? Did you download anything additional with the Visual Studio?

I’m not questioning why you have x86 and x64 versions of the runtime libraries downloaded. I’m questioning the fact that you’re saying your computer is actively running in 32-bit and 64-bit at the same time, which isn’t possible.

No my computer runs 64-bit Windows version. I need x86 and x64 versions for the C++ in order to function them properly it has nothing to do with my Windows Version. I’ve downloaded and yet no hope? any way why do you think that it’s happening like this? reinstalled it for the 3rd time and I’m soo frustrated. :confused:

well maybe not if you have a supercomputer, but otherwise I agree XD

No worries, I already understand that, and that’s basically correct. Please read this though:

You haven’t actually addressed my question as to how it’s physically possible for your computer to be a “Windows x86 Operating System (64-bit based).”

Looking at your processor, it seems to support 64-bit, so I’m unsure why you’re calling it a “Windows x86 Operating System (64-bit based).” As far as I can tell based on your specs, your computer isn’t 32-bit (x86).

I recommend not claiming that it is as you’ve done previously throughout the thread, because that’s an entirely different issue if it was actually true. It’s too misleading, and I don’t see a reason for it. “64-bit (x86)” isn’t a thing.

I’m not sure what you’re asking for. Are you wanting a list of every Visual C++ Redistributable I have installed right now?

Different applications use different versions of Visual C++.

• If your Windows is 32-bit (x86), then it’s more likely to be a memory issue due to the limitations of 32-bit processors.

• If your Windows is 64-bit (x64), then it’s more likely to be a software issue.

• You could try running Steam and/or Unturned as an administrator.

• You could try running Unturned_BE.exe from the Unturned folder.

Is it possible that you have two graphics cards? From the pastebin it doesn’t look like Hybrid-Graphics GPUs are supported on your machine, but it looks like you have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and an Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (which I assume to be an integrated graphics card?).

• Try updating the drivers for your GPU(s).

• If when you right-click an executable and there’s a dropdown for “Run with graphics processor,” try running with the alternative (likely the one that isn’t default) graphics card.

Well, ‘‘Run with graphics processor’’ works only with Laptops not Desktops, I have a Desktop thus, I can’t change it. Also my bad, I taught x86 systems are 64-bit PC’s but yeah to correct it now I have a x64/64-bit Windows/PC. Sorry for all of that wrong information I provided. I’ve down the above mentioned before and after reinstall still no luck :confused:. Also to say that my graphics cards are up-to-date.

Your storage might be full, and it can’t load in everything. Sorry for the SUPER late response, I’m on my way to Ohio.

@KingFrog my storage full? I have 1.65TB Free of storage and only 170GB storage is used. I’ve unistalled my mod’s at the first thinking that’s why my unturned acts like this but turns out it does not! So we can’t blame the storage for that :slight_smile:

Hmm, is it a disk drive or SSD?

At this point I really want SDG Nelson to look into this problem.

@KingFrog my (C:) Drive has most of the core/main applications in it as well as Unturned, now the space in that is 1.65TB free of 1.81TB. I hope this is informative to you?

#Fixed it, finally after 3-4 days of research. It’s easy if anyone is suffering from this. Go to Steam -> Properties -> Launch Options and inside over there type -force-opengl if it says ‘‘initializeenginegraphics failed’’ Then change the -opengl to -d3d9 which will now look like this -force-d3d9 wish you all luck and I would like @SDGNelson to pin this comment as it will be helpful for others to come over the problem I’m facing near future. For those in direct x9 type -d3d9 for those on direct x11 type -d3d11 and for 12 -d3d12

Last but not the least should I use Direct X11 or Direct X12 for the game’s FPS/Performance to improve much better? is the game coded for Direct X12? or not? I have a GTX 1080 and an Intel Core i7-7700

It’s not possible to “pin comments.”

Not necessarily need to pin it, let this be an official fix from my side to the Unturned community :slight_smile: If anyone ever encounters this issue like me in the future.