Vehicle bump when getting rammed

One thing that could be realy unique is adding animations for when you ram into something or some one rams into your car really hard you just get bumped in the direction you got rammed, like getting rammed from the left you get bumped to the right. that would be cool. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean, since this would appear to fall under physics and not animation.

Either way, collision animations, audio, and improved vehicle physics are already present as of the UII Vehicle Demo, Nov. 1 patch.

1 Like

in gta 5 when some one crashes into you you the player is bumped.or nearly flying out of the car.

That would be actually cool, must have a way to get g-force of the car.

When you hit something with a car you get “thrown” in that direction. Kind of like the animation of getting shot, except in a car.

1 Like

I think it falls under procedural animation and animation blending.

1 Like

Yes exactly.

I think it partially (or entirely) may depend on physics, cause depending on the angle you are hit, the force, ect ect.

i suppose Nelson won’t make a system that allows for the right parts for the body to be pushed in the right direction, and force, calculate both of these, and give a perfect result.

He’ll just make animations.

Let’s put it this way, physics make it realistic, with animations, there are a 150 ways it could go wrong, you could be slightly clipped at the side of the car and get teleported to the middle of the front of the car, then thrown back, which in itself could cause you to fall underground. You CAN NOT use animations to replace physics, without seriously screwing up stuff. Yes, there may be SLIGHT animations, but most, (if not all of it) SHOULD be physics.

Animations won’t ever work for something like this, without using up so much space its pointless, not to mention hours of making entirely different animations depending on how fast the car was driving, and what angle your were hit at (ex. Hit at the corner of the hood. ) it just won’t work.

Edit. Unless you guys are talking about the player inside the vehicle, but still, a simple screen shake would suffice.

1 Like

Yeah. Not sure why anyone would assume Nelson would animate this. That takes a silly amount of effort for such a pointless method.

Nobody makes animations in place of vehicle physics. There’s no reason to.

3 Likes

it will mess your aiming when you get rammed, or when you’re about to throw c4 or some throwable.

What you’re describing is literally something physics is supposed to handle.

Animations don’t shift your aim, but the vehicle being physically moved by physics would.

1 Like

im pretty sure he is talking about the camera getting rotated or moved when the vehicle gets rammed, kinda like in gta. and that wouldn’t be handled by a physics system

He’s talking about the character leaning in the g force center, so when you turn left, you lean to the right, and when you hit something in front, you lean to the front (That would also work to turning the vehicle and braking, and accelerating in high torque cars). At least that’s what I understood. That could done by calculating the g force and creating 4 poses, then blending the with the g force values. no need to physical animations.

2 Likes

i believe you are correct, but i dont think that is what GHJ is talking about

1 Like

Do we even know what this post is talking about?

1 Like

i think its just really poorly explained, but from what i have gathered he wants the player inside the car to move when getting bumped, while some people thought he wanted to replace the existing physics system

Well still, a simple screen shake would work, we don’t need to jolt the player super hard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.