Weather Effects

Of course, I’m not going to talk about obvious stuff like “include rain nelson plz” but i want to one mechanic that can make the game feel a bit more realistic. What I’m talking about is a wind system.

It should work differently depending on the season. Summer, very light winds, Autumn, the windiest (lol), Spring, sometimes windy and Winter should be very varied. Sometimes windy (or a blizzard) and sometimes no wind at all.

Wind could also affect other stuff, like fire camps, (if even in-game) toches. They should be extinguished when the wind is strong enough. Maybe other flammable stuff too but i dunno about that if I’m honest.

One thing i don’t think has to be added is fire affecting trees tho, cause that will definitely come to mind. I just don’t think that it’s necessary.

The strength of the wind should also depend on the height, by which i mean planes (and air vehicles in general) should definitely be affected by it. Maybe it could also have a very slight effect on movement or bollets but that is also optional (but i am interested in how it might work).

Also (because this topic is called “Weather Effects”) they should have an effect on the wind too. When it’s raining, the wind should be proportional to how hard it is raining. When it’s thunder, wind should be a lot stronger.

Maybe there could also be different “events” like a sandstorm, or as i said, a blizzard. Sandstroms would be on desert maps which i hope will exist. How a blizzard or sandstorm could work, is just fog, but with a different colour (and particles).

Well, this is a long post. I am very interested in what you think and as always keep this place nice, and respect other peoples opinions, i don't want any arguments to start here but feel free to discuss.
1 Like

One thing i don’t think has to be added is fire affecting trees tho, cause that will definitely come to mind. I just don’t think that it’s necessary.

why not? I think It will make the game cool if you could burn a whole forest ;D

Well… It’s true, but i don’t think it’s woth doing something that as just a visual thing that doesn’t have anything significant to do in-game.

but it would be cool…

I really like your ideas!
Especially the one with bullets being affected by the wind. If the bullets were to be affected by wind then you would have to look at your surroundings and try to compensate for it to make the shot.

Also high caliber bullets may be less affected by wind since they have more momentum whereas low caliber bullets might get pushed around more by the wind

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.