What about the survival aspect?

yes it has been a while and as i have been lurking i have noticed a lack of care for the survival elements
the game seems like its just turning into a run and gun game
how do you guys think the survival aspects of the game could be handled/enhanced?

and no i dont have any ideas i just felt the need to bring it to the forefront

3 Likes

For now, I believe Nelson is working on the aspects of weapon movement and manipulation, the survival aspects will be dealt with later, when the game is on a better defined basis, at least as I think.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, but have you not seen the tidal waveā€™s worth of survival-related suggestions on the forums?

I mean, itā€™s great that you want to see survival related stuff, itā€™s just that Iā€™m honestly surprised, I was expecting more people complaining about how the game is going in a direction thatā€™s too realistic.

2 Likes

but then again, %90 of all suggestions here can be summed up by ā€˜ā€˜copy Project Zomboidā€™ā€™

2 Likes

The game is in such an early state that it is impossible to say what direction the game is going in. Just because thereā€™s an automatic assault rifle in the game does not automatically mean survival will be non-existent.

1 Like

The game is in very early development. If you were to look at any game in early development (e.g., Half-Life: Alyx) you would have a difficult time trying to tell if itā€™d be a full-experience linear story-driven game.

The main reason that it seems like thereā€™s a ā€œlack of careā€ for survival elements is because the entirety of the gameā€™s development is being publicly showcased.

If Nelson wanted the easy way out by resorting to making a first person shooter of some sorts he couldā€™ve done that a long time ago and scrapped every bit of planned content from Trello or telling us that our ideas will not be considered, but no he didnā€™t and still trying to get things going steadily.

What we have now is added first because it was easier to implement in order to get a decent following from the community for those who are intrigued with early development.

Adding survival elements first is not only boring, but there is little to showcase or play around. You need to add most of the basics stuff first, and then the core mechanics of the intended game design. If we reach at that point, thatā€™s when it gets the most exciting and suggestions would be more relatable to the beta.

2 Likes

PZ and the long dark, pretty much.

Got some very SCUMmy suggestions here too occasionally.

2 Likes

bruh everyone on here seems to love to talk about how they want the game to be more survival based!!!1!

nelson agrees with this and has brought it up many times, and also like everyone on the forum and most people in the community think the same way (not to mention like all the posts just like this that exist).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.