What did you like about unturned

I dont know to be honest, been playing too long to remember why I started.

3 Likes

fooling around on creative servers
still do it to this day

The simplicity, I saw Paulsoaresjr play it and was instantly into it.
I loved the isolation of the atmosphere in the game… yeah.

2 Likes

I like how Nelson added pirated related features with no context.

Pirate cave in PEI was added along with the map’s first release, pirate cosmetics as the first cosmetics added, pirate bones in Russia, the strongest boss zombie in Russia/the game is a pirate

thank you nolson

17 Likes

me too bro

Fighting kids

And glitches

Unturned is fucking special to me man.

Whether it’s the silly aspects of it like the ragdolls or characters with huge (possibly sadistic?) grins on them or just how fucking creative it’s enabled me to be, it’s just the whole fucking game.

4 Likes

The fact I found the first free survival game on steam

The openness was originally what I loved. I started playing when Canada was still a thing and the map was massive with a temperate area and a huge snowy area. It was almost like the Just Cause 3 feeling of “see that snowy area? Yeah that’s actually part of the map and you can go there.”

Today, I love the openness of modding. If I can think of it, I can more or less put it into the game.

3 Likes

First time I got into it with an actual group and a goal was fairly meaningful for me. The game itself is a relatively small thing in the grand scheme of things but I’d say it changed my life. If I remember right I met @Brivdon in the game after his brother invited me to play with them on a Russia server. Brivdon pushed me towards learning a few things about modding and creating models in Blender while he occasionally worked on a map of his own. Neither of us are very prominent on the workshop but the game has had a massive influence on what we’ve done in the past few years. I’ve pretty much stopped playing the game but it has gotten me into new opportunities for doing stuff.

1 Like

it was free

6 Likes

it was free and i liked seattle

building bases. every time I was going on a new server i built a new base and every base was unique most of the time

1 Like

sportshot

3 Likes

When I first started (2.0), I liked the challenges. Actual survival, everyone following you with no navMesh. It was difficult, not to mention the brain-scratching crafting menu where you had to know what was needed to craft a sprcific item then building an entire castle and 2 bridges by myself. Then in 3.0, I started going into the PvP sessions. Looking for loot, using the shittiest guns, getting a kill, building a base with little to no space left on me, then tell my friends to hop on. They get geared up from the start and we all start going around getting food and getting kills. Made a clan, each member with their own specific role. Then going into crative servers, going full Kamikazi on the servers, dropping off my friends on top of a building then circle around and crash into someone. But then the daily number of players started going down once Fortnite came in. Kids with Pay2Win kit servers, semi-empty creative servers, and the extinction of vanilla servers pushed me away

1 Like

Raiding bases.

In 2.X I enjoyed learning the map and mechanics and improving through trial and error. In 3.X I enjoyed how quickly new things were added to the game, first by nearly constant updates and now through the steam workshop.

2 Likes

I was afraid to go into Seattle because it had to many zombies.
After looting it the first time I felt unstoppable, silly yes but.
looking back that was great

3 Likes

I really enjoyed playing with a group I met. We sucked, which was part of the fun. We worked our way to the top learning new skills until we conquered all of the other groups on the server. Then Hawaii released and I ran my own server for awhile. Things were great up until around Germany released. The map did not really keep me interested in the game, and then we quit really playing after that. I then got into map making and I have worked on many different maps, and I have had a reasonable amount of success. I hope that Unturned 2 will bring this game back for me, and I still actively follow it’s development.

1 Like