What is your personal guess of 4.0 beta release date?

WARNING,THIS IS NOT A MEME POST,WE’RE BEING SERIOUS HERE

In your guess,please include:

• Month. (Not date,we can’t be that specific,jesus!)

• Year.

• Reason of your pick

My personal guess:January 2019.This way Nelson has enough time to implement basic,but plenty of features,without rushing too much.

Share your thoughts :grin:

Maybe next year?

Summer of next year.
It’s also probably one of the best times to do so, just think of how much the playerbase regular presence improved these weeks, and that’s probably cus schools ended and people had more time to play, so even if it’s ready before summer 2019, I would still release it by that date.

1 Like

Reason? (10 char)

That’s a neat plan,but if Nelson really did that,the community would be PISSED at him.We have waited for so long!

Since Nelson is working on his own and has to take his time to polish Unturned II so it’s not any time soon.
Either mid 2019 or late 2019

17th of August 2019

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused with the answers here, OP is talking about the beta release not the final game itself.

My birthday is one day after.
Dang it,this would make for a nice birthday present.

1 Like

Yeah me too,this is a long time these replies are talking about.
Or the beta is gonna be extremely close in terms of features to the final game.

Guys(and girls if we have any around),BETA RELEASE!!!

Miss Kylie

1 Like

If we’re talking about the first playable beta, I’m thinking sometime November-December 2018

1 Like

Beta in december of this year. Kinda sad how last december nelson said a beta was “coming in a few months” issa shame

Hey, don’t pressure him. Unturned 4 was in very early stages back then. A december release this year would leave a much better impression on new players due to more content and less bugs.

This is actually kinda realistic, unlike the people still saying it’s going to come on Unturned’s anniversary in a few days from now. If we’re looking at November to December of 2018 for the first public beta, we’d see something like this:

July

• Early July: Road-tripping out to PEI to visit family.
  • Mid July: Looking for an apartment in Calgary.
  • Late July: Timed curated map for Unturned 3. (Most likely Carpat.)
  • Late July: July 2018 Workshop Crate #5. (Probably, if not new Stockpile items.)

August

• Early August: Moving day, and unpacking!
  • Early August: Forum post saying he’s excited to be back, and probably hinting at what’s coming next.
  • Early August to Mid August: Server Administration (99.99% sure this is happening before anything else.)
  • Mid August: Server Queue
  • Mid August to Late August: Devlog #013, showing off the far superior server systems he has wanted to put in place.
  • Late August: Spectating

September

• Late August to Early September: Devlog #014, with a short video that demonstrates the spectating feature.
  • Early September: Steam Announcements
  • Early September to Mid September: Steam Server Browser
  • Mid September: Steam Lobbies
  • Mid September to Late September: Devlog #015, showing off the server browser and lobbying system, likely asking for feedback on what else we’d like to see shown on the server browser. He’d probably end by saying that a new curated map is coming out soon, so for the next week he’s going to be multitasking between Unturned and Unturned II.
  • Late September: New (timed?) curated map for Unturned 3. (Probably Rio de Janeiro at this point? France’s development time might end up taking two years at this rate. If not Rio de Janeiro, probably the British Isles instead.)

October

• Late September to Early October: Mod Downloading
  • Mid October: October 2018 Workshop Crate #6. (Probably, if not new Stockpile items.)
  • Every Nightmare Until Late October: Turned

November

• Late October to Early November: Halloween Event for Unturned 3.
  • Early November: Devlog #016, showing off the first of the Turned, alongside some possible concept art if Nelson is feeling crazy enough to have gotten some made for the game. End by finally giving more news on the secret project regarding Unturned, just because it coincidentally seemed to line up with this blog post.
  • Early November to Mid November: Savedata (Possibly done earlier.)
  • Early November to Mid November: Second closed beta immediately after Savedata, if not earlier?
  • Mid November to Late November: Replays

December

• Late November to Early December: Devlog #017, showing off the replay feature with a short video, and then a wall of text on the improved save systems.
  • Late November to Early December: Most likely a public beta at this point.
  • Mid December to Late December: Festive Event for Unturned 3.

This is under the assumption that Nelson does not intend to finish adding the game’s survival mechanics until after the first public beta is released.

If we were to guess estimate a first quarter 2019 date, I’m not sure if that would even include survival mechanics though, it might just string out the stuff in August and September a bit, and maybe the Turned too.

Addendum: Replays might actually happen fairly sooner than I’ve listed, around September possibly (so it can get integrated with all the other server-related stuff).

I was also pretty lenient on the amount of Devlogs, so maybe throw in another or two wherever you like. Possibly another obligatory set of Stockpile items.

And then a couple of minor things you can throw in for July/August. Jet-lag, forum stuff, wiki stuff, etc.

Second addendum: forgot that this was the reason I made the first addendum, but modding tools should be released before the first open beta.

14 Likes

Wait, when was the first closed beta?
I’ll bookmark this post and come back to see how many points you’ve got right :wink:

Fiffe: the busy man /s

No closed betas have happened yet, just not sure when it’ll happen considering that’d be more bug-prone than the one I’d expect some YouTubers to probably get.

@m4djoker
Wait what?
@edit I still dont get it :smiley:

@MoltonMontro
Ah that’s why you wrote second.

edited with a /s, never thought I would do such a filthy thing