What's your phone background?

hot background

1 Like

1 Like

It’s my desktop background but it auto-crops to the Terran Dominion logo in the middle.

@Doy_Man Thank you my good sir!

Its a screenshot I took in no mans sky!

not bad

@anon73161152 interesting background :^)

1 Like

I have been pondering on the issue for the whole night now. I know to most the question is inconsequential, but with the proliferation of video games, it is something that must be considered.

Consider this: If you go out on a night out with your friends, You drink a clear liquid and you become intoxicated afterwards. But that clear liquid is just water and the intoxication afterwards is just an act or a simulation. By definition, that act is still haram, despite plain water is halal and you are just simulating drunkenness.

But that is really out on a limb, if we want to argue even a simulation of a haram act is haram.

Consider a different scenario, an online gambling game, where you dont put in money, you put just chips as antes, or you use point system to count win-or-loss. Regardless whether you use any media, money or no money, it is still gambling. And it is still haram.

However, people would argue that it is a fiction, in which the common rules is abandoned. Take for example, if I write fiction, can I tell a story about a man killing another person? Or is it halal for me to tell a story of an adultery?

I think the best way to approach this is simply if it goes against your conscience, don’t even come close of it. The principle of fiqh has always been not only you dont do the haram act, but it closes the door to haram act, and avoids any haram act like a plague. It would be better if you can ask a scholar directly for this matter.

There are many other games that are clean that we can play, like Rocket league or FIFA or Tetris 99. Wallahu alam.

thanks dad

1 Like

Hi mom how are you?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.