Why so much hate on nelson?

I looked through the comments on the steam update page, and most of them are just hating, suggesting bad ideas, or talk about things that are unrelated to the game at all so even if nelson doesnt read them I cannot blame himā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s the Steam community in a nutshell for you.

In almost every game, these users tend to be very poorly informed or generally super toxic. Just ignore them.

8 Likes

TL;DR: THE CRAFTING MENU COMPLAINTS ARE SILLY AND OVER-EXAGGERATED, BUT A QOL CHANGE CAN BE MADE WITH A SIMPLE OPTION TBH. EVERY OTHER COMPLAINT IS KINDA UNFORTUNATE FOR THEM I GUESS? :frowning:

For context as to what GeneralZelite/Max Jones was responding to, one of the complaints was that they canā€™t disable the new crafting menu.

Hereā€™s the new crafting menu:

Now, you really canā€™t see the ā€œproblemā€ some people have with this visually. Visually, it looks like all Nelson did was add a toggle to prevent you from accidentally crafting something by mistake, and thatā€™s correct mechanically too.

However, Nelson also took this one step farther by making it so you canā€™t craft via clicking the recipe anymore. Instead, you have to click on one of the two craft buttons (as long as you didnā€™t disable that recipe).

So, some people (which I emphasize some because most people decide to be vocal about the things they dislike which makes it severely impossible to actually know what the community wants) are upset. Theyā€™re upset that now they have to move their cursor farther to the right side of the screen than theyā€™re used to.

tl;dr people hate change, even when they ask for it and complain about how the current things completely ruin the game.

But fine, sure. Making it so people can craft via clicking the recipe instead of just the new crafting buttons is a Quality of Life improvement, Iā€™m sure. Make it an option in the options menu though. :man_shrugging:

Oh, and the other comments? :man_shrugging:

• Some about shotguns. Too OP! Not working (already planned to be patched)! Good job! Et cetera.

• Some about liking the crafting changes. Some about liking the changes, but wanting a faster way to craft again (such as clicking the recipe, or Ctrl+Clicking the recipe).

• People complaining about Unturned II not being available yet because obviously game development should take only two weeks and these minuscule changes to Unturned 3 obviously take weeks to prepare. insert joke about a balance pass on these specific items literally taking years

• "Why not add more cars or guns or something?"

• People who donā€™t realize that every update in 2018 has basically been a community suggestion, and thing that this update must have been the first time Nelson listened to the community ever. Because, yaā€™know???

• ā€œUNBAN ME.ā€ (This one was a BattlEye Game Ban.)

7 Likes

In all honesty, their opinion never counts unless they have atleast shown a sign of deep thought into it. Itā€™s always people overreacting whenever an update with a noticeable change is included

Thatā€™s pretty much the Steam forum.

I mean really, the new crafting UI only messes up their clicking skills. You could easily adapt to it like switching hotkeys

4 Likes

Steam is full of narcissistic crybabies who bitch and moan when they donā€™t get their way. I should know, I used to be one of them. Most posters there want Nelson to work on their time and add what they want when they want it. The new crafting menu is being reworked in the 3.0 cabinet.

5 Likes

Because Nelson has free will, and is not there personal little wish granting geinie.

Why canā€™t people just appreciate a free game that has most features of most AAA games? (minus the graphics of course)

I dont really know why people hate nelson for making a game when its his game and if they dont like it, then they should go play PLAYERUNKN4WN:Zombies (not a pubg rip off but an unturned rip off for 99 USD cents) or nomad and then they might appreciate Unturned for what it is.

You simply canā€™t satisfied everyone.
Heck, even garlic bread has itā€™s hater.

There's a way to satisfy everyone.

Add bran cereal.

1 Like

Just find a game that they like.

Its called ignoring the people that hate it

I donā€™t like bran flakes.

Change my mind.

See if i ignore your comment, then everyone likes the bran flakes
except me

Thatā€™s what happens
Free game = lots of kids
Lots of kids = lots of nagging

And Iā€™m not throwing any shit at Nelson for makinh the game free. Itā€™s just that itā€™s inevitable to have screeching kids running around asking for the stupidest ideas because they were abandoned as children so no one listened to them, which.is the way it should be

2 Likes

Every update is: SCREW YOU NOSLEN, I CANT OPEN UNTORNED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
I hate that. Shouldnā€™t people know itā€™s not Nelsonā€™s fault and itā€™s their fault?

3 Likes

The only game I will disagree to is Black Squad, It has a generally good community and is fun to play with people. (there might be more but this is the only one I know)