WO's Traps (lol)

Oh boy, I finally returned and want to speak with you about pretty important theme - japanese “girls” and Vietnam flashbacks. I really damn hate those bastards who loot my houses (these sounds like a meme). And sometimes I realy want to have much more surprises for them. Because turrets are too easy to avoid - sometimes they are realy usleess. And I am silent about ordinary traps, they have no chance of existence. This have to be changed, thats why I here boy.

First vietnam law:
Always mask your traps. You need to introduce the ability to hide traps behind foliage, some kind of mechanisms, doors and so on. I want to see these types of traps:

1. the spikes hidden under the pressure plate - you stand on it and after a second you fall into the pit with spikes — yikes —
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. old Joe shotgun behind the door - the one who knocks gets shot. A shotgun is placed near the door, a thread connected to the door is attached to the trigger.
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. Russian stretching trap RASTYAGKA - a thread is pulled between two stakes after someone touches it - bad things come, it can be some grenade, or fire grenade, or some spiked log falling from the ceiling
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

High tech shit law: if you can add some high tech add it. Adding aspects of remote trap control. Adding CCTV cameras, trap control panels and so on

1. CСTV camera and computer - adds a camera for guys who love to watch… also be fun if there will be possibility to write video
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. Turrets with cameras and personal control - this one is way more better - allows you to controll turret by yourself (title for fools hehe) and punish these bastards also by yourself
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. Turrets customizer - allow you to change turrets firemod to semi auto, burst or full auto
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. New types of turrets - flamethrower turrets, grenade turrets, crossbow turrets
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

Vietkong junglemastery law - the forest is the fortress, forest is one and we are the forest.
Don’t Look up on trees…

1. Spikes under leaf - the pit at the bottom of which there are stakes, top covered with leaves or grass also smeared with sh… (well, you know this story)
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. Nodule trap - clap and now you on the tree. Hangs the player upside down on a tree to get out the player needs to cut the rope himself or with someone else’s help… or just HANG out there HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

1. Bear trap (or snare trap, too hard in english, just that thing from film “Saw”) - antidemocratic. Need to work like juncrat trap frome Overwatch, can be complained with thread, have a high damage and broke legs
    1. Like
    1. Dislike
    1. Need to change

0 voters

Okay then son, now you are ready to kick some asses by doing nothing, sit and watch, sit and watch

2 Likes

This would be a nice addition for Unturned II, but this could easily be abused if restraints aren’t implemented. They should only be able to be placed around a claim flag so that people can’t mass produce them and make a whole minefield in a forest. That would just be so annoying. All traps should be somewhat visible so they can be avoided if the player is very careful.

2 Likes

Vietkong rule: no toilet

1. poop bucket placed on door trap. when door open, poop fall onto head of enemy… stinkify bad guys
  • Dislike
  • Need to change

0 voters

You know the thing man

Can someone explain why everyone dont like Nodule trap, it’s pretty norative and fun in my opinion of course

I think something like that would be hard to code in and not really fit in with the style

I don’t know about other people’s feelings about it but here are some problems with the nodule trap that I find:
1- you said:

This is quite problematic to the player because new players or players that forgot to bring a special item to cut the rope are forced to stick there for eternity if they don’t have help which means that let’s say you just got some good loot and got stuck in the trap you are forced to force kill yourself and hope to spawn near the place you were trapped at for potential possibility to retake your loot which is not fun or fair for people being attacked by the trap.
2-second point is:

As you said the trap is just made to make you go upside down and if you have appropriate equipment you can get out of there which raises the question: “is this trap a viable option to protect my base?” because it doesn’t deal any kind of damage or effect on the trapped player and the simple usage of a knife for example(which I will guess is pretty easy to find) will make you go free in a matter of seconds which makes the trap pretty useless, plus you specified that the player is hung on a tree which means that if there is no tree in a certain area(farm, desert, popular tree farming area) the trap can’t be set up which limits drastically the places where you can get trapped and makes the trap easier to avoid:“Just stay farm from the trees and you will be alright”.

Here! These are the reasons I think are the reason the nodule trap isn’t very popular amongs the playerbase.

1 Like

maybe you want to peacefully protect your base while still using traps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.