Zombies Navmesh

Here is a Mega then

2 Likes

That’s under the assumption that every zombie would be lucky enough to survive the first landmine.

So you’re skeptical about the effectiveness of shrapnel and explosions but think that what spikes? Blades? Pit falls? Slipping on marbles? Stepping on Legos? Would somehow be fundamentally more effective?

1 Like

Ok guys, I didn’t need to read that much to see this is getting out of hand…

I don’t want this game to become “Left4Dead III”…

So please, about weird mutations…

LMAO btw.

4 Likes

That’s under the assumption that every zombie would be lucky enough to survive the first landmine.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don’t landmines kill by shrapnel? The shrapnel would have to strike the head in order to guarantee a kill, and if it does not kill them, it most certainly incapacitates them (which you solved simply by just placing another landmine.)

Well, to an extent, yes.

Spikes to an extent can slow down and assault and could stop a zombie if it snags it’s clothes or flesh, but that’s a bit of a stretch.

Blades are basically the same thing, so I won’t say anything.

Pit falls are actually useful, do not doubt their effectiveness, especially if you fill the fall with spikes or blades. A zombie could fall in and become permanently stuck in the fall, you could then kill it from a safe distance using whatever ranged weapon.

And I know you were joking about the marbles and Legos. (sorry)

Note, I am not doubting the effectiveness of Landmines, they can be an excellent way to damage zombies, or slow an assault. I am just simply stating, because of their rarity and loud explosion (alerting other zombies) there are alternatives.

But when the horde is at the gates, and you have to pick and place your traps quickly, nothing will beat a landmine.

1 Like

For the last time, those aren’t zombies; we’re talking about Turned, which we assume are mutants, not undead. The difference between both? That zombies specifically would requir a head hit to be killed, when mutants can have as many or less weak spots than a human, wether being among these the brain or not (all this depending on the mutation being talked about).

1 Like

Just want to remind you all that turned is basically another word for zombies, and zombies in general usually have tons of mutations.

1 Like

Why was that directed at pork of all people?

1 Like

He was the latest comment at the time so I responded to him.

1 Like

Yikes, sorry, it’s in my head now,

mutants, not zombies,
mutants, not zombies,
mutants, not zombies,
mutants, not zombies,

1 Like

I can’t be the only one feeling small right now? Right?

1 Like

There are several undefined variables that have made this whole argument rather pointless.

1. Shrapnel can refer to projectiles of greatly varying sizes and materials, especially if using the broader (though arguably incorrect) definition of shrapnel which includes not just projectiles from the explosive device itself but also all other projectiles launched by the explosion.
  2. Landmines can have varying types and amounts of explosives and varying amounts and types of shrapnel packed in them.
  3. Zombies being a purely fictional can have whatever characteristics a creator chooses, whether they are choosing to fit the characteristics they perceive zombies are “supposed” to have or subvert them, or simply what they think would work well in their particular fiction. (For example, some zombies [or zombie-like beings erroneously called zombies] can only be defeated by having their head injured, while some others can continue walking about and even hitting people after their heads have been completely severed from their bodies.)

Depending on what assumptions an individual takes on these, they could come to wildly different conclusions from others.

1 Like

Also, zombies aren’t necessarily undead. Nowadays stereotypical zombies are people infected with a disease, not reanimated corpses. Unless ure talking about twd

1 Like

Fair enough, I think scrapping my entire arguement might be the best choice, as I was talking about
Landmines v. zombies, not Landmines v. mutants. I seem to frequently forget that our future enemy will be mutants, and nothing like the past three games.

1 Like

They maybe interdimensional infectuous mutants judging from the excursions card on the Trello board, so them teleporting into cities rather than walking in from the edge of the map might make more sense this time around. (Of course being on the 4.X Trello board doesn’t necessarily mean something is canon or going to be implemented.)

1 Like

Hmm maybe they came from another dimension but they still infected people.

1 Like

When people say Mutant zombies, I usually think of The Last of Us

Or When they come from walls, maybe even Barnacles from Half-LIfe

3 Likes

Those zombie spawner growths don’t seem to far off from how I pictured the Grapplers on the 4.X Trello board.

1 Like

2 Likes

Humorously enough, I think one of Molton’s pictures is quite accurate about how wall grabbers should act.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.