Carcass shelter

3.0 but with better gameplay & graphics

I dont think nelson would switch from “Goofyish zombie survival game” to “Ultra realistic survival game with lots of gore”

Sure, This would fit in another game, but wanting to put it in a game WHICH the previous game in its series looked like THIS

Heres a comparison.

Imagine a hardcore shooting game like COD, decided its next game would be like PVZGW.

Now imagine Unturned, a Bright Funny game, turning into A Dark game focused mostly on an adult audience.

Do you get my point now? I would be fine with it if the first game was (That) dark.

DOnt get me wrong, I very much want unturned II to be a darker and creepier game, but gutting animals and climbing inside of them for warmth is too much.

hey thats a gg

its actually better than the second game
which is just a compilation of chompers and peashooters

Im not saying its a bad game, just saying that its a family friendly game, while Cod isnt.

idk, i mean its possible cod could become a pvzgw game

Dont give me that bs.

To @everyone against the idea, have you ever thought about the fact that this could be graphically balanced, as I’m suggesting a mechanic and not just the visual alternative itself?

So let’s say you hunt down the animal and you interact with the carcass to carve it up. Then an UI/menu appears and if by any chance you have no choice but hiding in the carcass, then you select the option, a silly 3.x esque hands-moving animation plays and you have the viscera (all grouped up rather than individual organs) as items in front of you and the cut on the carcass to get in when ready.

I didn’t say “uuuuhhhh just make it show how you knife it and spill blood everywhere”. Either way, if it’s made like this or the other way is up to our fav dev.

I just want to add other 2 cents pointing out how hypocrisy rises, as I see plenty of posts about dismemberment (and related) being liked, but this one adding an extra (yet extreme) choice, and everyone just panic.

Also

Well, that’d work in regular winter nights, on which there isn’t an unforgiving blizzard. If you can’t find or build a proper shelter by then, you are more than screwed. If you have a decent hunting weapon, this choice could serve in that undesired situation.

You better take that back.

2 Likes

i speak the truth though

1 Like

You have finally made a good joke.

i wasn’t jokin
its true though

Unturned 4 will be 3 but with much better graphics and much better gameplay

This doesn’t have to be really graphic, and wouldn’t really need to show any guts, and it could only be available to do before and during heavy storms.

You could kill the animal, and pressing “use” on it would give you meat, and show a large but darkened slit on the abdomen of the animal. You could press use on the slit and you would hide in it, and you’d be able to look out through the slit.

2 Likes

No it’s not. Unturned II shouldn’t be about “OMG EPIC BAISE RAIDS!!11!” and high-pitched screaming children who’s voices make you want to kill yourself. Those kids can play 3.0, or go back to fucking Roblox.

My point is, that there would be WAYYYY too much change between the games for Unturned II to be considered the second game in the series.

I still dont know why people think this is a “glorious” Idea.

You cant just go and reject a whole bunch of similar ideas, then say this one is great. Even if we add this, how would we even do it? People say you wouldnt see you climbing inside the FUCKING CORPSE but how would that character fit in there. Plus, what would it be, 3rd person? OH I THOUGHT YOU PEOPLE HATED THAT. 1st person? WHo would want to spend AGES Looking either at a gory surface, or looking out through a cut in said animals side. Also, how many people do you think want to spend up to 30 MINUTES looking through a gash they had cut through an animal, just to keep your character alive.

The only reasons I see that people want this is to try and drive off little kids, which not all of them are bad, and to give people a hiding spot they can put anywhere and use to ambush people.

This is an awful idea, and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

also, heres a saying many people have said many times “Realism for the sake of realism is BAD”

1 Like

wait i just realized

we could kill and live inside zombies

2 Likes

thats even worse.

Maybe when you kill the animal, the meat, or fur/leather or whatever would drop, and the carcass could be interacted with, allowing the player to stay inside. This would remove most of the gore :slight_smile:

1 Like

We dismissed cannibalism, not just because it is considered highly immoral, but also because there’s no way it can be balanced in a game where people respawn infinitely, while still being relevant enough to be worth coding.
Being able to shelter in a partially butchered animal carcass, is somewhat gross, but only dimly comparable to the moral dilemma that is cannibalism, and I have no idea what other post you could be alluding to. The mechanic would only be exactly as gory as the butchering mechanic would be. However the carcass and guts are portrayed in one is almost exactly how they would be portrayed in the other.

PLENTY OF PEOPLE ARE STILL OKAY WITH 3RD PERSON FOR WHEN THEY’RE IN VEHICLES, AND THIS MECHANIC WOULD ALMOST CERTAINLY BE IMPLEMENTED AS A MODIFICATION OF THE CODE FOR ENTERING VEHICLES AND BEING PROTECTED FROM THE ELEMENTS WHILE IN THEM.AAAAAAAH

How many people do you think want to spend π^∞ - i + 3 ”seconds looting/running/managing inventory/sitting by a fire/hiding from players/sheltering from the weather/sheltering from zombies/crafting/fishing/driving? It’s a survival game you spend a lot of time doing tedious things to survive, or you respawn a lot.

2 Likes

So you are saying it should have basically the same code as vehicles

You are implying that those involve sitting in one place for ages.

There’s a difference, get it right.

The most interesting thing you do for this is hunt down an animal. Nobody will use this feature because to be protected from the cold, they have to sit in one place unable to do anything until it gets warmer. Which, could be minutes or hours.
Looting is actually interesting, as well as fishing fighting
 Just about everything is except this.

Survival games are supposed to be survival games, not “carcass diver simulator 2012”

Here’s some examples.

If you’re sitting by a fire, you might be cooking something or watching the flames

If you’re fishing, you have to keep an eye on your fishing thing.

If you’re looting, you have to watch out for threats, and what you can use.

If you’re driving, you get to enjoy driving down an apocalyptic road.

If you are sorting your inventory, you are putting something together how you like it.

Now, when you climb inside a corpse.

You sit, and do nothing whatsoever. Seriously imagine, do YOU want to sit inside the corpse of a deer waiting for the warmth that might never come?

I would much rather being able to skin the animal, then using it’s pelt as a sort of cloak.

i’d like to add on to the fact that player will see this, and think its a dead deer (by natural causes of course)
and as such, will skin the deer, and killing you

so why would we want this mechanic if all its going to do is kill us?