Nelson needs to add an EULA

if you play on your own servers, everyone accuses you of admin abusing if you raid something.

I could, but I try to avoid playing my own servers. I don’t want kids calling me out on supposed ‘abuse’. Plus it’s a big relief knowing I can’t abuse by mistake on some else’s server (such as going into god checking for hackers and forgetting to go out of god - thats happened before :L)

1 Like

They have special donator only kits, and also their normal modded kit servers are doing fine.

What? Are you saying kids only have fun when they are being “rude”? I seriously dont understand what this is supposed to mean. If you are saying raiding is rude, its not its part of the game. Please tell me what you meant by this lol

Uhhhhh they dont because no one has multiple donations to multiple servers. Its not like they are donating to unturned its self to have these kits. Its not like they have the ability to chase you down across servers. Sure P2W peeps can destroy your base in seconds, but if you hate P2W that much, just dont play on a server that has P2W. You can almost always tell, as usually the money hungry owners have their website in the MOTD, and constantly plug their p2w kits. On top of that those who donate are almost always playing the game, and you usually can see their weird colored text. Its seriously not hard at all to find out if a server is P2W or not, and if it is then you can just leave.

Yeah, I know there are more people who play this game, but that doesnt matter. All you have to do is look at player counts for the servers you dread so much, and see that the ones that offer p2w kits and accessories are alive, thriving and making a profit. Its not just kids and youtubers playing this game, its everybody, and to see what they are playing on and what they perfer, you just need to look at player counts. There is a reason that there are so many empty vanilla servers. There is a reason there are so many full and thriving p2w servers. People, (not just youtubers and kids) like having fun, and these servers give that to them. This is not the games fault, this is not the server owners fault, this is the playerbases fault for enabling P2W by enjoying servers that have it.

No offence but did you seriously compare yourself to that man? That’s kinda shameful

1 Like

but at least the normal people have at least a slight chance.

From what I know of little kids, they get a kick out of doing something that will make someone else angry. also, the reason these servers are filled with kids is also partially because kids are impatient, and with kits, they dont have to grind for anything.

You really arent making sense. cant donate to multiple servers? BS. Also, saying dont play on those servers still doesnt help the people who get a bad opinion of the game because of OP kit servers. and a lot of servers dont show who has the kits.

that doesnt matter ey? so your saying we shouldnt give a crap about the other players of this game, because “those servers deserve the money.” or something like that.

In conclusion, I’m starting to think you either play on these servers, or own one because of how much you defend them. Also, your reasoning really is terrible.

Once again, your reasoning that they are fine because they’re making a profit blows my mind.

His servers are overshadowed by the large servers which dominate the server list which have payed kits, and such. So hes comparing his servers to those. in a way.

sorta like that, yeah.

edit: playing a game so I couldn’t type much.
I made it because I felt like I’m the only sole person that is speaking up and trying to point to solutions to the P2W problem while everyone else ignores it, thinks its not a problem, or thinks P2W is good.

Hello again.

Alright, so. I see that what I’ve stated doesn’t really mean anything to ye eh?

So. I’ll spilt the reply to 3 parts, each talking about your thread differently.

Continue from your reply

So EULAs are, in essence, efforts to gain control, by contract, over matters upon which copyright law precludes control. (yes wiki) In itself it’s not a copyright. But if say, the bootlegger has at least once opened unturned. This can be used alongside copyright aswell.

Now I see that you’ve mention minecraft’s EULA at some point in your original post. So let’s talk about that.

EULA doesn’t stop P2W servers from existing.
Every minecraft servers with P2W system can easily avoid EULA by just setting up a store webpage. Instead of in-game buying. (Hypixel is a good example.) Not conviced?

I’m going to put my personal opinion here so if you’re not into that… sorry, sometimes personal experiences weight in. So there’s this “local server” I used to play. This “local server” have been up and running for 7 years. They have P2W features in many of their minigames, and by far I can still join that server and get killed by P2W If I wants to. (Sure. They might played that minigame for-fricking-ever. Trust me for this statement, they’re not.)

Now I wants to corrects a few statements of mine, specifically the “P2W server will die off with EULA” part. Chances are. Likely not, Nelson doesn’t really wants to mess around with how the community plays the game. It is their freedom to do so, whether we hate it or not. (But if you’re into in, go into on of those P2W server with Panda’s shooting skill and maybe you’d be able to close one server. Cool.)

Also. Nobody cares about EULA. Like, imagine it for a minute… alright? You don’t? Good. If your answer is “I care”, you’ve purposively saying that you do. It’s like one of that wonka’s contract. It’s purposively long as hell so the signer doesn’t wants to read and signed it anyway. So they can do other stuffs, little that they know, breathing will cost them 50$ in that contract… getting off topic here!

Alright, I’ll let Eggie from the C.C.C takes the next part.

The conspiracy

Yo it’s ya gunt Eggie from the Cool Conspiracy Club. So I’ve see that you want EULA to be added yes hmmm? Well, we all know that you said “P2W servers shouldn’t be in unturned” and all that jazz. Well well watery well, If we look closer we’ll clearly see that you own a server (at least in at some point) This would either means.

• You have a lots of funds to pay for the rent. (Personally I don’t think you could spend 60$ per month to something that definitely going to dried out your balance, so I think that you’re one of those rich kids)
  • You’ve setting up a server by a potato pc and only pays for the power rent. (Again. It might be cheaper. But leaving a PC on for 24 hours or “most of the active day” would still cost you somewhere between 60-100$ per month. Not to mention others commodities)
  • You worked in a server-related rental. (Personally, unlikely but could be.)

Now, we all know at this point that P2W servers is one of the popular servers out there. Is it possible that you. “A 60$ rental gentleman” lose all of the players from these servers. Hmmm?

And when you tried to talked to them they just say something like “lol no. That’s life” yes hmmmmm?

Ok I’ll called that genuine sense back.

Personal opinion.

Welp, that’s fun train for thought.

Look, I’m not saying that EULA is a bad thing. It’s a good thing, but how you purpose it is just seems to fishy to me. I don’t like P2W servers. I like playing pure vanilla servers as much as the next guy do. (And if you’re real stalker. You can see that I’ve reviewed this game. Talking about these type of server once.) But truth have been told, We’re the 1%. Not 99%. Sure, that 1% is having the connection to the dev. But we’re still the 1%. So why should we bothering on getting new law to makes the 99% suffers. Sure, they’re little kids. But they still have their rights to play the game the way they want. (Even if we hate it) We should just hope that 4.0 will bring us what we seek for.

Also, the meme you’ve showed us.
It’s very clear at this point that you think you’re going to stop P2W server… you’re not. I’m not, we’re not. Nelson is. And he’s unlikely to do that. You shouldn’t exploited on how we hate P2W servers to gain fame and I think you know that dearly. But that’s just in my opinion.

I’m going to be as civil as possible here. The problem isn’t the message for the most part, it’s the fucking COMPARISON.

Comparing your SERVER to a protesting civilian who possibly DIED to an AGGRESSIVE MILITARY’S TANKS is NOT acceptable in ANY SCENARIO. It’s sickening even looking at you trying to pull it off, so please. STOP.

3 Likes

I’m sorry this image in particular offends you but 50+ other people upvoted it on the steam artwork and none of them thought it was ‘sickening’. I wouldn’t think so much into it like that while people are on the internet you know, making 9/11 memes and stuff. maybe you should go call those people out instead /shrug

Oh my God, came back to see 50+ replies since I last saw this.

I mean yeah normal people always have a chance no matter what, kits are pretty much just a “pay to skip time” type deal

This is true, and the majority of unturned fanbase.

Yes you can donate to more than one server, but no one does, you donate to a server because you want an edge over everyone and because you play on it alot. No one buy kits from 10 diffrent servers and then plays 10 minutes on each one a day. That is more of a waste of money than just normally buying kits. Very few people do this, and most just stick to a single server to get the most out of the money they spent. Also lets be real, there isnt a large influx of new players to 3.0, so this doesnt matter to much, and in 4.0 there will be official servers so that doesnt really matter either, because they should be funneled to public vanilla servers. Also seeing as most people playing a game dont start with an ungodly amount of mods, they start by dipping their toes in, tutorial > singleplayer >vanilla multiplayer. They have to learn the game first. Also the default server browser starts out on vanilla no mods, so that probably reduces the amount of true new players joining on servers with titles like GAMERGAMEINGXD [MODDED][PVP][2xLOOT][KITS] as its overwhelming.

What are you reading? Consider glasses my man, I said nothing eve remotely close to this. What I am saying is that people who play the game play it for fun, and play on servers that let them have more fun. A completely unopinionated look at the server list shows that modded kit p2w server have more players, and therefore you can reason that more people prefer these servers to normal ones. Its pretty straightforward and I still dont understand how you cant grasp the fact that people play on these servers because they enjoy them.

I havent played more than 10 hours on a public unturned server since around 2017, nor have I ever donated to a server, because I have things to spend money on that offer me more pleasure than a kit, or just donating money out of the goodness of my heart. I am defending them, because a EULA is really unnecessary, and would cause a massive (pardon my french) shitstorm if you banned P2W servers, effectively killing every single server network thats alive, and also making lots of youtubers and people angry. I am also defending them because Its fun to argue with people.

Once again, your reasoning that people are forced to play on p2w, and your wild assumptions that I have ever said its okay because they make money blows my mind.

Side note, 50 years of oppression and millions of deaths via artificial famine, culminating to over 10 thousand chinese students being gunned down, beaten and assulted after years of oppression isnt really meme material, but its been memed so much, and no one really knows what actually happend to oh well

So… You’re telling me that animatic has no rights to be offended just because other people weren’t offended?
Fucking stupid. Keep calling yourself Tank Man and you’ll end up as a Meat Pie with the rest of the server networks that couldn’t compete.

Also before Molt locks this post or something I’ll drop this here

Another way people might be looking at the meme is that you’re comparing yourself to someone famous for standing up for the people of their country at the risk of their life. Kind of making it seem like you have an inflated ego. FYI

1 Like

I’ll say my final piece here and be done:

The point of the EULA is not to destroy Rocket servers, but to stop and discourage ones that are strictly P2W (ones which allow you to buy specific OP kits or other benefits for money)
Keep in mind that not all Rocket servers are riddled with plugins, and not all Rocket Kit servers are P2W, just the ones that sell OP kits and advantages.

Next, in order to combat the massive tide of Rocket Plugin servers, Nelson has to improve Vanilla and promote it more, put it on the spotlight, so to speak. This way, more people will see Vanilla servers, and therefore the playerbase of Vanilla servers will grow. Because right now, Rocket Plugin servers dominate the server list, and Vanilla servers don’t get a lot of attention, therefore less people playing Vanilla.

And lastly, I am fine with people playing on Rocket Plugin servers, just not ones that blatantly SELL P2W benefits for money, benefits that other players don’t get without paying. And I am also not fine with the fact that Vanilla servers don’t get much traction, simply because Rocket Plugin servers hog the server list.

My previous warning already explained why this thread would be locked. I am not going to selectively remove posts based on what some people may or may not find offensive, I’m just locking and archiving the thread.

In the future, I’d appreciate if all of you could refrain from knowingly annoying each other. Have some tolerance, and don’t put your pride over the community either.

Topic closed (no replying). Topic archived (no changes/edits/likes/etc. can be made).

EDIT: Wasn’t meant to be a reply to anyone in particular. Sorry @FlodotelitoKifo.

EDIT 2 (several months later): Evidently some people didn’t get the memo yet, but Nelson did agree that there should be an EULA (or something of some sort), as he supports protecting the player base. He does not, however, support limiting servers for otherwise arbitrary reasons that have nothing to do with protecting the community.

I’ve already said this in other places, but I’m going to put it here too so the point gets across better.

1 Like