Suicide mechanics in the game

oof, I rather cut my wrist.

1 Like

Completely pointless I think.

2 Likes

IMHO, it should be more of a [GIVE UP] button than a [SUICIDE] button. Besides, this makes it useful if you get knocked down and are waiting to be revived, but nobody is there. If youā€™re fine, and you hit [GIVE UP] you just sit down, sigh, and let time take you (view fading out, sound deafening slowly, and the sound of a heartbeat slowing down to stop before the screen turns black. Then you respawn.)

5 Likes

Portraying suicide as a peaceful and natural option isnā€™t really any better than portraying it as shocking and gruesome. Overall Iā€™d say the suicide mechanic doesnā€™t need to be anymore realistic or fleshed out than in 3.X, because all it exists to be is a gameplay mechanic, if it exists as a part of the gameā€™s atmosphere or artistic expression Iā€™d have to argue against that. The only positive impact depictions of attempted suicide can have come from showing that itā€™s never to late to reconsider and that there will be support to help fix and deal with those problems, but that doesnā€™t fit with the gameplay purpose of the suicide button.

A cool down to prevent suicide spamming to respawn where you want is the only potentially useful gameplay mechanic Iā€™ve seen on this thread.

3 Likes

Iā€™d agree a lot with this, itā€™s far more realistic and fairly balanced in gameplay terms, since a hardcore survival shouldnā€™t be meant to spam suicide for respawning anywhere you want. We all already know what happens if you overpower gameplay over realism in a game of this genre by just looking at 3.0; @Sirba that should answer your concern.

4 Likes

yes, I want to suicide with a frying pan

2 Likes

You are not the only one

2 Likes

I donā€™t see how stealing some distance for fresh spawns by suiciding is overpowered.

1 Like

And always remember, kids!
#do not suicide on the real life but on the unturned can

4 Likes

Biting off your tongue will result in suicide.

Can_72

9 Likes

Ah great. Now heā€™s going to suggests throwable cans.

1 Like

hey, those make a lot of noise, specially if you have a bunch on a chain.

(fallout 4 anyone?)

1 Like

Throwable cans. Not some hobo-hippie hybrid decoration.

1 Like

I was gonna kill myself, but this changed my mind.

4 Likes

Iā€™m against this suggestion unless weā€™re able to die by interdimensionally metaphaseforming

1 Like

Can grenades.

happy yellow september that good that I could help you so, I already missed it on fap setember, (I know it was sarcasm).

1 Like

Why could not we?

1 Like

youre are the because

2 Likes