Suicide mechanics in the game

@Pork
You sure are one of those sjw’s.
Anti swastika in WW2 games, low voilence.
Family friendly crap. A ‘twat’!

I am not a SJW, I just think adding something this graphic without reason adds nothing to the game.

Blood and gore simply for the sake of having it is a bad idea.

2 Likes

The purpose of having suicide mechanics is to allow players who don’t have access to cheats or the ability to reset the server to be able to get out of buggy situations. Making suicide more graphic doesn’t offer any actual gameplay improvements, it’s just a matter of personal preference. I doubt that Nelson would prefer to make his game more graphic simply for the sake of it being graphic, but that’s neither here nor there. Limiting suicide mechanics to players who are armed doesn’t offer any gameplay improvements either. If you’re worried about people spamming the suicide button for something other than getting out of buggy situations, then just use a cool down to keep it from being spammed. If you’re worried about people using the suicide to get out of RPing as your sex slave prisoner then just require them to wiggle out of their handcuffs before they can suicide.

3 Likes

I think it’s just meant to be funny,… for example you say: ALLAH AKBAR and kill yourself with a pistola.

If you want to employ sarcasm, please use “/s.” It helps along with that.

Maybe i went off with the wrong foot maybe i was trying that am technically afraid of something happening what i mean is that probably it should not be expose to the young it what i was probably trying to say the whole someone might committed the act probably was a little to far but remember half of this community is fill with kid who probably don’t know better or just know better am one of them but what i mean is that we should not expose this type of feature to the young people i mean yea it won’t make them decide on doing the problem is what if they are naive and some of them had never even hear of suicide unless they have seen it but still in my defense i really and strongly disagree on this in my defense it really does not make sense am just saying this to tell you that i really do not like the last post i will agree i went too far but at the same time you just never know what might happened so lets just says that for now and yea ok i know i might get comment like what? but junk get real so yea.

Should I lock this. Reason why is because it’s a disturbing presence in this forum and personally there’s no need to stylise self harm.

• Lock
  • No lock

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Use 3.X suicide mechanics
  • Tweak suicide mechanics to limit suicide spam/suicide while cuffed
  • Create new, more graphic suicide mechanics only accessible with select items

0 voters

I forgot to add an option for not having any suicide mechanics but oh well :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well yes, the only thing agreeable with this topic is a time limit for consecutive suicides.

4 Likes

’'Suicide is a rather touchy subject for a game of it’s caliber, ''
Suicide is touchy?!
So what, maybe let’s remove road kill or guns.
I think road kills is worse than an lame suicide irl.

’‘considering that children also play this game,’'
Unturned ain’t a 3+ game.
Around 8 years ago, 10 year olds played 18+ games. For example, CoD.
Nowadays we have those family friendly crap and kids are running around with brain damage acting like idiots (example: fortnite) And not knowing their place.

’‘I just think adding something this graphic without reason adds nothing to the game.’'
Gore and voilence in games is cool, makes the game look more normal and appropriate.

It’s a lot easier to justify shooting at people in video games when they are shooting back; and adding gore really adds nothing to a game. Lots of FPS games don’t have gore, they are bloody yes, but nothing beyond that.

Imagine if the Mario games had gore, Mario splitting and crushing bones, Koopas turning to ash and screaming as they burned in lava, blood spilling everywhere, that would not make a good game, it would more than likely detract from the experience.

You also forgot to add an option on which servers owners chan choose either 3.X suicide button (tweaked with cooldown OFC) or graphic/realistic suicide mechanics. It would be much better this way IMO, and even more if some sort of ultimate hardcore difficulty is added.

What the heck? Geez louis you people are dark! The main purpose for the Suicide button is so that you can restart if you end up getting stuck! The fact that people use it to their advantage in spawning and such is just a loophole, not the design.
Seriously though, the amount of time it would take to make every item have a special animation for suicide would take away time that could be better spent; I mean, those animations/mechanics add nothing to the game, unless your doing a “got to see them all” kind of thing.
Finally, this was discussed earlier but people really would be turned off by this, its just macabre. I hit the suicide button so I can get out of that tree I got stuck in, not so I can see some disturbing animation.

3 Likes