The style

• 1-dark untunred
  • 2-colorful withe solid colors instad of actual textures…

0 voters

OR

this is just to give an idea…

an option in between the two would be nice

A dark theme for the atmosphere is mostly “confirmed” as for the color/texture, I’d personally stick with solid colors for the most part of buildings for example (doesn’t mean that there won’t be any improvements regarding the details!)

->complains about solid colours over textures
->edits sky into solid colour

lol i didnt do the skybox cus… i couldent finde somthing that fits in so

I like the feeling of the bottom one, adding rust and cracks to many objects would be really nice

Honestly, detailed textures on low-poly games look awful, makes it look like a 2-hour-made cheap horror game you find in something like Newgrounds. A darker theme and color scheme is surely a really good decision, design-wise, but the texture should still be solid. Or at least with very minimalistic details on smaller objects like backpacks, weapons, trashcans, road signs etc. etc.
Pretty much an option in-between.

Or at least with very minimalistic details on smaller objects like backpacks, weapons, trashcans, road signs etc. etc.
Pretty much an option in-between.

From what it looks like based on the devlogs, this is exactly what Nelson is going for. All the materials have noticeable textures to make the world feel a little less blocky, but doesn’t overdo it in any capacity. They aren’t “low-res” in the sense that they look like some cheap Unity Horror game, and they stay pretty consistent in the way they are implemented.

We will only be sure what looks best when we actually get in game.

i dont meen like hq texture or pbr xd i meen just slight textures like the roof texture on the house go look it up it slight and fits in…

I hate colorful Unturned. Missing the grittiness the game’s atmosphere needs.