Their shouldnt be a 3rd person

Yeah, my mistake.

Reminder that bullet penetration will very likely be a thing in 4.X. Being able to see around and shoot through a barrier that the other player can’t see around is definitely OP in a gunfight.

4 Likes

Third person should be limited to what the player can actually see in first person. If the player can’t see around a corner with first person, then he shouldn’t be able with third person.

2 Likes

If gunfights were completely out in the open without trees or bushes it wouldn’t be advantageous. It dont be like that though, as cover exists.

In terms of a balance, if third person gives no advantage whatsoever, and I can just unbind the key and forget about it, I would be fine with it. The closest thing I have seen to a good balance is:

But even then you still know what the room on the other side is going to look like without peeking which gives a bit of an advantage.

In the end, occams razor, the easiest solution is the best, which would be removal. I mean the only downsides are nausea if that happens to you (just change your fov) and wanting to see your lil dude, but blurry mirrors are confirmed, and you can see yourself in the inventory screen so im not too conflicted.

Ya know, you guys could suggest ways to keep it “ahem” WITHOUT COMPLETELY REMOVING A USEFUL FEATURE

Like oh I dunno…Balancing it?

But you guys have no suggested a single thing to how it could be balanced.

all you guys say is REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE

So yeah.

Ahem.
Are you blind?

I just said that the best way to balance it would be doing the scum thing. Same amount of suggestions to balance it as you made in this thread. (Also the exact same idea lol)

you replied to someone elses idea, not directly said. So yeah, Im not blind, because you still said it was better to remove it. Sooooo yeah.

You know, actually, now I’m curious to hear about the god-tier solution you have that could possibly justify keeping it in-game. You make it sound like all we’re doing is “rEEE remOv 3rd p3rson it iS bad” but in fact, you have yet to provide a good alternative yourself. I’d say we’ve provided some pretty logical arguments against third person, but I feel like this is just a repeat of what happened last time.

Also,

I agree with this. At the very most, third person should just be restricted to admins*, since having it for regular players would just perpetuate the problem indefinitely.

*Note: As a reminder, I do support the third-person view while inside a vehicle for all players (depending on server’s configs). That’s still fair game.

Yes, but Im asking why you guys arent trying to come up with ways to keep it, instead of wanting to remove a decent feature.

Actually, I agree with that. If its only the player third person, and not vehicle third person, that gets removed, im fine with that. Though I would love to use freelook in third person. Oh well, So yes, Ive given up. Woohoo, go celebrate now.

Be the change you want to see in the world

1 Like

that doesnt even make sense in this situation…

Yes it does make a suggestion to fix it instead of waiting for other people to do it

Still… HOW DOES IT EVEN RELATE TO THIS???

You are mad because people aren’t coming up with ways to balance third person.

You are not coming up with ways to balance third person.

Come up with ways to balance third person.

Make sense?

I came up with a way, and you guys ignored it. So yeah, dont give me that bs.

Can we see this “way”, please?

No one plays First Person servers only as much as Third Person

What shitshow have i missed… i sleeping the whole way thru

(I was thinking more of how recomm explained it here, as in

)

1 Like