2017-12-10 Screenshot

Making lots of progress, but it’s not quite polished enough yet for a blog post.
Even still I thought it’d be fun to show some one-off images every few days on the forums:

Eaglefire with red dot sight, iron sights and canted iron sights. I think I’m going to limit guns to one upper rail sight and one canted rail sight. It’s only the canted iron sights for the moment, but canted holographic sights will be added as well.

31 Likes

Amazing. I want more.

1 Like

Mini sights on top of scopes too?

4 Likes

I think I’m going to limit guns to one upper rail sight and one canted rail sight.

If that means we won’t be able to pull off the beautifully tacticool hilarity displayed in this picture, then please, on the behalf of the entire Unturned community:

Don’t. For the love of God. Don’t.

on the other hand if we’ll still be able to do this then go ahead

edit: also sights on scopes sounds like fun. why can’t we have that?

edit 2: oh lord oh lawdy mmMMMM THAT RED DOT (lack of) PARALLAX
I KNOW IT WAS THERE BEFORE BUT IT’S SO MUCH MORE VISIBLE HERE AND IT’S SO GOOD

6 Likes

Please yes add multi-sight scopes.

1 Like

I see those cheeky little bones there ;D rigged guns are gonna be amazing!

They were shown in all of the devlogs that have been posted before this screenshot.

2 Likes

What does that mean exactly? Modular gun parts confirmed?

It means animated guns. The guns are rigged to be able to move, which has been shown in both devlogs. The charging handle and the selector move.

2 Likes

movey bits

1 Like

Ah okay. Yeah then that’s been confirmed for months at this point.

The first devlog got posted exactly a month ago, so not that old.

Looks great! I was wondering if the guns would stick to the classic Unturned names such as Zubeknakov and Maplestrike or if the guns in 4.x would be named the same as their real life counter part, such as AK-47 and M16.

Also the Maplestrike isn’t a M16.

2 Likes

Thanks for showing me this post, I just created my account and im new to the forum. Also the maplestrike shows a lot of similarity to the m16 and similar variants. If you really wanted to nit pick that much by pointing out that you dont think the Maplestrike is the M16 then go ahead but it really gets no one anywhere.

@Oyamat lets not argue on this post, its not relevant to the topic

Take it easy, I was just stating that the Maplestrike IRL counterpart isn’t the M16… is that a bad thing ?

Looks absolutely fantastic!
Can’t wait for the next devlog!

What about scopes with backup sights like these?
scope with reddot
Or using backup sights on scopes such as the ACOG
AC10009
Would be a neat little addition.

1 Like

Seems like this recon sights combo is a possibility. :open_mouth:

We just want PvP

Advocate for larger but rarer loot spawns

Gun stuff =/= PvP. Gun stuff = More complex gunplay and the rarer your carried loot (considering spawns are as rare as they should) discourages PvP and KoS. It’s just more stuff to add a larger feeling of ‘Some optics are good, others bad. Depending on what you get, it’ll change the way you play the cards you’re dealt’.

2 Likes