3.23.12.0 Teaser #1

The first teaser for the update hopefully coming next week. Longer text chat messages, about time!

For context: from 2013 to late 2020, Unturned only used IMGUI, without automatic layout, for performance reasons. In late 2020, I added support for uGUI for players running into issues with IMGUI. Still, I had to keep IMGUI compatibility for players facing different problems with uGUI.

Knowing that Unity was working on UI Elements / UI Toolkit, I decided to wait before abstracting anything for automatic layout. The next Unturned version upgrades us to Unity 2021 LTS, which supports runtime UIE/TK.

I’ve integrated it as a third mostly-functional option and begun adding automatic layout to some UIs. (uGUI was all the way back here: https://twitter.com/SDGNelson/status/13374581042591334

17 Likes

fellas will be writing whole screenplays in the chat AINT READIN ALLAT :joy:

8 Likes

finally
THE RP UPDATE

3 Likes

This is awesome sauce! :speaking_head: :fire:

3 Likes

Can we also get single-character/single-digit messages? At least in team/area chat. Please?

2 Likes

Yeah and maybe spam filter (option that can be either turned off or turned on by either players or server owners). It would replace unnecessary plugins.

That would be nice, anyone know why it isn’t normally possible?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.