4.0 Hunting Map & Animal Traps

Lately, I’ve heard ideas of getting to play as an animal in 4.0.
I’m starting to get some ideas for a starting map in 4.0.
Once the feature where you get to play as an animal is released, a hunting map would be great to play as and/or hunt AI and Player Animals.
I’d like to imagine a very open landscape with little to no buildings or houses, and a few roads.

Hey, maybe you can make your own house and live off the ‘fat of the land’!

How about some animal traps could come in handy, if the Hunter is having a hard time finding game.

Traps for Animals could consist of

-Duck Decoy (Attract Waterfowl AI)
-Duck Call (Used to attract Waterfowl AI or even a Waterfowl Player near the area it’s been used)
-Beartrap (With any piece of meat food attached to it, could attract a Predator AI, or a desperate Player and kill, injure, or trap the animal in place)
-Deer Call (Used to attract Deer AI or force a Deer Player near the area it’s been used)
-Wire/Snare Trap (With a piece of food item, or put nearby a regular area where the Animal’s pattern follows, they choke in this trap and suffocate/choke to death)
-Cage Traps (Pretty much imprisons any animal that falls into the trap until the trapper comes, or they eventually starve to death)

“I believe the calls need a limit, so they don’t get abused, and maybe the traps need a storage, since animal ragdolls probably won’t last forever.”

Well, those are my thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Any ideas you’d like to share or add on, please feel free to comment them below!

I think there should be a “fox hunt” game mode. It’s kind of like arena except there are 9 hunters and 1 fox, or whatever the server owner sets it to. All the hunters have to kill the fox, while the fox has to survive from daybreak to nightfall. The fox would have increased speed, but could do a small amount of damage to hunters. The hunters would also get a 1 bullet gun, like a musket. They would start out with like 10 shots and be able to scavenge for more bullets. The fox can take like 3 shots or something. Bullet drop and travel time would be present. Also, maybe the fox would have to kill pigs or something to increase it’s health. Hunter vs :fox_face: vs :pig2:

Haha, yeah! If we have domesticated Horses and Hounds, I’m thinking of some British Conservative Party Hunters.

foxhunt

1 Like

I like your idea, except reverse it.
9 foxes and 1 hunter.
It would be like a gritty hide and seek lol.

That’s pretty good as well. Maybe when you die as a fox you become a hunter?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.