4.0 Suggestions NEW & IMPROVED!

After my last post gained a lot controversy and criticism, I decided to give some actually
realistic suggestions. Also please comment because I want to know what you guys think. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Local Servers
Once upon a time, I tried to set up my own local server for Unturned to play with my brother. Took me half an hour to set up and only partially worked. Seeing this feature being added to GMod and many other games. Would really like to see this feature also added to Unturned.

Breakable Objects Problems
We all know the fact that you can destroy fences, poles and that kinds stuff with you car or gun. And Iā€™m sure we also know that if you destroy like ten fences, youā€™d find your APC or whatever armored vehicle to be destroyed. I suggest to make armored vehicles invulnerable to destructable objects. I mean, lets be serious, a few fence posts should not be able to destroy my armored 50 ton death machine. Same thing goes with zombies. Im pretty sure Iā€™d be able to take down more than 3 zombies without my car exploding IRL.

Shoot-Through Objects
Everybody knows the wacky portable toilets in CS:GO that you can shoot straight through. Same thing should go happen in Unturned. I donā€™t think that you should be able to shoot through gillie net or barbed wire in Unturned. This would make PVP a bit more challenging but also strategic. Same thing for arena mode. Nothing but just a barricade would not be able to protect you to the fullest extent, but would reduce damage done by bullets if shot through.

Magazines
Got a bit of hate about this topic from my last post, but I would like to see visibly empty magazines when an empty magazine is ejected. I know that this is just a small issue, but I would still like to see it considered. Also POLYMER MAGAZINES PLEASSSSE.

Thx fanbase for ur support. Love you guys so much.:heart::heart:

1 Like

OH I ALSO FORGOT THAT BLOOD MOON HORDES WOULD BE A FUN THING. Maybe only on hardmode though because it might be difficult to fight off.

Then you did it wrong. Once you do it successfully you can do it easily a gabajilion times.
How did it not work?

1 Like

Was a long time ago so I donā€™t really remember. It just gets a bit tedious trying to start the server up every time and having to do all that crazy stuff. Was just suggesting that it be a dedicated feature in the game. Thanks for your comment. Comments are always appreciated :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Local Servers

If you mean listen servers that can be hosted and stopped on a whim, then that is on the 4.x wishlist and I believe its being worked on currently.

Breakable Objects Problems

Itā€™s definitely a problem that cars take so much damage from objects, moreso when the damage doesnā€™t really scale with the object, velocity, or car type really much at all. Iā€™m sorry I tapped my bumper on the stop sign at 5 km/h, but why does that do 45% damage to my APC?

Shoot-Through Objects

I enjoy the idea of bullet penetration and really hope it makes an appearance in 4.x, however I donā€™t really know what you mean when you say ā€œI donā€™t think that youā€™d be able to shoot through gillie net or barbed wire IRLā€. You most certainly can, that stuff isnā€™t made to be impenetrable in the slightest.

Magazines

Iā€™m not much of a coder, so for all I know its way more complicated than this, but I feel like the magazine models could just be given two separate textures depending on their ā€œstatesā€. A magazine that has at least 1 bullet will show the little yellow casing in it, while a magazine that is empty with have the casing colored over with the same color of the interior of the magazine, giving the illusion that it looks empty, and cutting the need to make multiple models for such a small thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment. The gillie net and barbed wire thing was a mistake. Fixing that right now. Appreciate your feedback :wink:

3 Likes
  • local server: already mentioned in Nelsonā€™s trello that he will be adding ability to make LAN servers much easier
  • destructable objects: the only armored vehicle that should be actually indestructable is the tank. However, I do agree that the APC should not go to flames after hitting a few fences. Armored vehicles should have a multiplier to destructable objects like 0.5x the damage it gives to unarmored cars. Also a multiplier for xombie damage like 0.25x
  • bareicades can be shot through, I agree to that idea, but it would only reduce damage if it actually went through the barricade. Unlike barbed wires where 80% of it is just emptiness, then i donā€™t think there should be damage reduction when shot through it.
  • magazine emptiness is just a small visual touch up, but I do agree that it would be a cool addition
1 Like

They are made to minimize hostile movement. And ghilie is used to minimize hostile vision

1 Like

Accidentally said something abt how they canā€™t be shot through IRL lol. Fixed that now. In unturned these things have solid hitboxes, so they stop bullets. IMO this is pretty unreasonable and quite unrealistic.

1 Like

I know. Itā€™s kinda difficult to code a hitbox that outlines the exact shape of the object

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.